O, Waitress ....

hey! you there, blondie! I put my order in 30 minutes ago!

Photobucket

What does one have to get a drink around here?! Hop to it, Hopsing!! ChopChop!

No, I don't want somebody to eat ... just bring me my darn drink order!

I tell you I don't know what is wrong with people ! You can't get good service these days. It used to be people took pride on doing a good job, no matter what they did for a living, but sometimes when you're out in a restaurant or even in a store at the register or waiting in line at the deli, you run into those people who just take their sweet time to get to you and are genuinely not interested in seeing that you are waited on or satisfied. Lately a trip to Wal-Mart at the deli, and then to the customer service line a couple of times, just sent me barreling straight off to talk to the manager about their bad attitudes! I give everybody a fair shake, but when they show their ass behind the counter, watch out! As far as eateries, I usually tip when I go out, but I have to tell you if the service sucks they are not getting my tip, I don't care what scale of restaurant it is. We had an Applebee's here and the wait staff was absolutely horrible. Most times you could get better service sitting at the bar! I just quit going there altogether. Sometimes I guess it depends upon the managers who are running the place at the time? I have never been or worked in the service industry serving the public, but you could bet if I was, I would do whatever I needed to to bring in a nice tip! I just don't understand the mentality.




Would you look at that? Here's my drink now! A little bitchin' goes a long way.

2 comments:

  1. These days wait staff spit in your food, or drop it on the floor before serving it to you if you complain.

    I was waiting at the Walmart deli counter one time to be acknowledged. They didn't have the take a number system active. The young man ignored me and waited on every younger better looking woman that came along.

    I went to customer service to complain only to find another older woman there with the exact same complaint. She waited something like 20 minutes because when she was the only person left to be waited on, the young man went into the kitchen area and didn't come out again until someone younger came along.

    Odd, I never saw him there again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry,

    What happened to good old fashioned respect?

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!