From the Archives ~ April 14, 2007

It seemed really quiet tonight everywhere, of course I was sidetracked a little. It was so blistering hot everywhere, I stayed in most of the day, and I worked on a few blogsites.

I find it is interesting to go back in the archives to view past Saturday Night Blog Fevers, and this one is from April of last year. Who was there? too funny to see Hook's boobie picture! gosh I sure miss Ruby, Joy and Hook, Lucy, Colo, and some of the other regulars. Check it out for yourself and see if you were there! If not, you're here now!


We could jam in Joe's garage,

we didn't have no dope or LSD,

but a coupl'o'quarts o'beer,

would fix it so the intonation,

would not offend your ear.


- Frank Zappa


Photobucket







Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


If there's ever an obscene noise to be made on an instrument,
it's gonna come out of a guitar! On a sax you can play sleze,
on a bass you can play balls.but on a guitar you can be
truely obscene! Lets be realistic about this, the guitar can
be the single most blastomphous device on the earth!
the guitar makes a stink noise. thats why I like it!!

- Frank Zappa

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



The last entry in the playlist is a whole CD entitled Chunga's Revenge - one of my favs!

here's the song listing on it:

"Transylvania Boogie" – 5:01

"Road Ladies" – 4:10
"Twenty Small Cigars" – 2:17
"The Nancy and Mary Music" – 9:27
"Tell Me You Love Me" – 2:33
"Would You Go All the Way?" – 2:29
"Chunga's Revenge" – 6:15
"The Clap" – 1:23
"Rudy Wants to Buy Yez a Drink" – 2:44
"Sharleena" – 4:04

Enjoy!

Photobucket

Comments:

Love it, Bella! I heard a lot of Zappa in the early '70's. Also heard a lot of Cheech & Chong around that time. Very imaginative and entertaining!

Blessings, Lulublue

|< << >> >|


by Lulublue (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 7:05 PM (del)





|< << >> >|


by BigChris (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 7:08 PM (del)




Myspace LayoutsMyspace BackgroundsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace LayoutsGlitter GraphicsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace CodesMyspace BackgroundsMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace CodesMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Layouts
|< << >> >|


by VEGAS (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 7:11 PM (del)




Zappa's always been great.

The way you do up your posts are

Have a fun weekend.

|< << >> >|


by Dragonflower (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 7:16 PM (del)




thanks, Lulublue, I did add a picture of the muffin man, LOL!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 7:20 PM (del)




evening BC! you're a Zappa fan, too!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 7:21 PM (del)




thanks, Dragonflower! Have a great weekend, too!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 7:23 PM (del)




hiya Miss Vegas! What you got over there, MC? cool!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 7:23 PM (del)





|< << >> >|


by Gina2 (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 7:26 PM (del)




all the way back to his first appearance in the mid-sixties..Frank was the best and least understood musician of his time...bar none...
now they are playing his classical stuff in concert halls...BC

|< << >> >|


by BigChris (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 7:42 PM (del)




Great Great choice for a Saturday Night Fever Party.
|< << >> >|


by Bookworm (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 7:57 PM (del)




Zappa gets the blood pumping! Great pick Bella! CM
|< << >> >|


by Celtic Mist (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:00 PM (del)




hiya Gina! thanks!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:02 PM (del)




I never saw him in concert, BC but I sure as hell wished I had. He didn't give a shit what people thought, he just did his thing!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:05 PM (del)




OH myyy did Imeem get overlaoded, no ones music is showing up on my computer!!!!

Or am I the only one??

Nursey

|< << >> >|


by Nursey (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:05 PM (del)




Bella,

Zappa rocks. I posted and had to take off for the hospital, but I'm back now. Your music played for me.

Sherry

|< << >> >|


by Sherry'sCherries (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:20 PM (del)




He was the best...he could shred a guitar better sitting down that most could standing, plus he was funny as hell with lines like"the poodle bites, the poodle chews it"...lmfao while he frotted a life sized stuffed poodle onstage! BC
|< << >> >|


by BigChris (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:23 PM (del)




Good evening, Bella! I know I haven't been around for the past few Saturdays. Fortunately there has been a break in the craziness and I just wanted to give you a quick hello!!!! Hope all is well!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Cheers! ~MacKenzie

|< << >> >|


by Mackenzie90 (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:25 PM (del)




I like his style, cause I could see myself doing something about like that! LOL
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:27 PM (del)




FRANK ZAPPA????? You are just full of surprises, aren't you Milady?
|< << >> >|


by Scratch (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:27 PM (del)




Hi, MacKenzie, it's good to see you! I'm glad you stopped by! Glad things have slowed down a little.
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:28 PM (del)




oh, I'm so glad it played, Sherry; I was getting ready to add a few. I'm so sick of this rain, it's depressing!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:30 PM (del)




There will never be another Zappa...original....kinda like you Bella...I love this one and will listen over hear more than once.

Thank you

|< << >> >|


by Coloconnect (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:38 PM (del)




Bella,

We are slated for anywhere from 10 to 16 inches of SNOW starting sometime tomorrow. Depressing or not, I'd much rather have the rain.

Sherry

|< << >> >|


by Sherry'sCherries (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:39 PM (del)




We used to be able to spot the cool people by calling out the first line of Penguin in Bondage...if you looked over, you could party! great post! BC
|< << >> >|


by BigChris (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:44 PM (del)




myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Well.. hello miss bella... love from the dark side!

|< << >> >|


by Dark-Twin (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:48 PM (del)




Hi there Bella - finally getting around a bit on a Saturday night; liked your song of the Muffin Man. Have a great weekend, June
|< << >> >|


by Praywithhope (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:49 PM (del)





|< << >> >|


by BigChris (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 8:49 PM (del)




hiya Scratch! yeah, you didn't know that I was really a rock-n-roll guitary gal, did ya? ... a country lover I'm not! I was listening to his eclectic Chunga's Revenge; the whole CD is posted here! some great songs on there.
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 9:05 PM (del)




hiya Colo! hope you are having a nice evening! if you got a favorite Zappa song I'll post it for ya!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 9:07 PM (del)




tinkerbell on a plate! now that would amuse Zappa! LOL nice to see you!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 9:08 PM (del)




Wow Zappa!! This brings back some interesting memories.....
|< << >> >|


by Pilar (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 9:09 PM (del)




hiya June! hope you had a nice week; it's been cold and rainy here! send us some warmer weather!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 9:09 PM (del)




Pass me some 'moke!
|< << >> >|


by Candy (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 9:17 PM (del)




I must have the wrong person in mind. I though Frank Zappa was a novelist and screen writer. But then I am probably a litter older than
your crowd.

|< << >> >|


by Uncle Reemas (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 9:20 PM (del)




The 'Muffin man', too cool Bella ! FuN cartoon & post .........


|< << >> >|


by Mouse (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 9:20 PM (del)




Hi Bella,Wonderful post!!!
Dixie

|< << >> >|


by dixie (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 9:34 PM (del)




You guessed wrong Bella...so you get this booby prize.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



HOOK

|< << >> >|


by HOOK69 (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 10:04 PM (del)




by the way"Tell me you Love me"is the best wah-wah intro ever done!BC
|< << >> >|


by BigChris (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 10:08 PM (del)




What No Dynamo Hum Love Zappa Bella...Have a great night
|< << >> >|


by Misty (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 10:09 PM (del)




Who doesn't love some Frank?
Great post and wonderful songs!
Have a great night!

|< << >> >|


by raspberrytoast (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 10:09 PM (del)




Bella

You never cease to amaze me with your choice of music - I think you are a little bit -"crazy" and I bet you were a "wild child" to say the least! Don't ya just love it?

|< << >> >|


by Lookin' (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 10:31 PM (del)




lol...last night my husband was torturing me with Zappa..lol
|< << >> >|


by Lucy. (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 10:48 PM (del)






|< << >> >|


by Lucy. (PM , CC ) on Saturday April 14, 2007 @ 10:59 PM (del)




Hiya Bella! Hope your evening's going well!


|< << >> >|


by Ruby13 (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 12:09 AM (del)




Zappa, the craziest mutha on planet earth, Thanks Bella. Hawk.
|< << >> >|


by Keltic - HawkeyeMan (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 12:09 AM (del)




I was raised by heathen appalachian wolves, Lookin'!! not to mention I have a green brain!! I wonder what color Zappa's brain would be?
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 12:18 AM (del)




thanks raspberry girlie! say? what you got over there? I'm coming over.
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 12:18 AM (del)




Hey bell...We all know what a certain girl liked to do when listing to
Bolero...So what do your readers do listing to Zappa?

I should be Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

|< << >> >|


by Totally Ass Backwards (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 12:19 AM (del)




you got that chit right, BC
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 12:22 AM (del)




aw, you fight right in, Uncle Reemas, we're all old as dirt!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 12:23 AM (del)




i'll pass the 'moke if you pass the M & M's!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 12:26 AM (del)




hi Colo! He is a hell of a musician and a quirky original, that's for sure! His career is extensive, so doing a written dissertation was just impossible! I opted for tunes I found interesting. Glad you enjoyed it.
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 12:32 AM (del)




I don't mean to sound stupid, but this Zappa feller, he sounds like the
heavy metal version of Lennard Skinnerd. Why any white folks would give a child a name like that is beyond me.

|< << >> >|


by Uncle Reemas (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 12:41 AM (del)




yes, you should! LOL get your mind outta gutter! you slush puppie!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 12:51 AM (del)






|< << >> >|


by Miss Lou (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 11:04 AM (del)




Have a blessed Sunday !
Love Lucy



|< << >> >|


by Lucy. (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 1:57 PM (del)




ah,thanks Lucy, you too!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 2:15 PM (del)




Hook, that's disgusting !!!! OMG !!!! but leave it to you!
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 2:24 PM (del)








Nursey

|< << >> >|


by Nursey (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 2:31 PM (del)






|< << >> >|


by Ruby13 (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 2:31 PM (del)







Sherry

|< << >> >|


by Sherry'sCherries (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 2:46 PM (del)








Blueeys

|< << >> >|


by blueeys (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 3:27 PM (del)






|< << >> >|


by HeatherScot (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 3:41 PM (del)







Everyone else is doing friendship balls so I thought I'd throw in a few flowers! Hugggggggggggggggz, Taylor

|< << >> >|


by kktaylorcc (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 4:07 PM (del)






|< << >> >|


by Dragonflower (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 4:33 PM (del)






|< << >> >|


by night light (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 4:58 PM (del)




Ahhhh yes...words of wisdom by a man who named his children "Moon Unit" and "Dweezil"....
|< << >> >|


by Bry_M (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 7:06 PM (del)






|< << >> >|


by Misty (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 7:46 PM (del)




hiya Bry, well he's always been a little eccentric needless to say, LOL yep, he's a little different stroker, LOL ... it's unfortuate his children might have issues regarding their names. I wouldn't name a kid of mine such things, but some people do. I could have called one Quits! and let it be that ...
|< << >> >|


by Bella (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 8:02 PM (del)







Love,Dixie

|< << >> >|


by dixie (PM , CC ) on Sunday April 15, 2007 @ 8:09 PM

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bella,
    It sure seems like the whole damn *blog thing* is dying.

    Man I look at all the people who you have here from last year, ones that we *gently* seem to forget and it makes me sad :-(

    Your blog is beautiful though.
    Love the look!
    Peace~
    Reba

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Reba. I am up way too late tonight. I should take my butt to bed! Good night.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!