hark ~! what is this?

X-ray reveals what is probably a non-displaced fracture at the proximal third of the fifth metacarpal, however this may represent a nutrient artery, since it is seen only on one particular view.

nutrient artery, noun (no kidding LOL)

An artery of variable origin that supplies the medullary cavity of a long bone.

in other words, it carries food for the marrow! speaking of food, what's for breakfast? I'm starved!

by the way, how could one misinterpret a fracture for an artery? still doesn't make sense to me, but oh well, time is up!

break is over!! back to work slave. *insert ugh here*

and by the way, make you story believable if you want pain meds ... states she slipped in the shower, caught her foot in the toilet, and then twisted her right knee. Do people really expect that educated people will believe this? ha! too funny, especially in one fall? gimme a break! and my name ain't Nell!

**************************************************************************

finally it's lunch break! after 5 hours of working already, and 5 more to go!

You know I've been thinking that maybe it could have been a petrified artery? Speaking of which, my dad had "petrified" arteries, so much so in fact, that almost all of his blood supply to his brain was carried via the vertebral artery which is at the back of the head, which was 3x the size it should have been! Doctors said his blood flow would be like hitting a brick wall when it came to his carotid arteries, can't you just imagine that? Of course, that is what the body does, if blood is unable to circulate one way, it compensates and flows another way, because it has to go somewhere, right? He did have his carotid arteries cleaned out, a lot too late, and no wonder he was the victim of mini strokes. He was also a heavy smoker up until the last three years his life, and alcohol abuser for about 40 years, passing away at age I believe, 67, still young. It has proven that smoking breaks down the veins and capillaries, and eventually the arteries, I reckon. We just never know the condition of our arteries, do we?

In other news, this morning I have smelled cigarette smoke faintly again, but it has just been intermittent. I asked "it" not to smoke in the house again! Who really knows if this is my ex? perhaps my dad? or it could have been my mom too; they all smoked like freight trains. At 9:30 this morning I heard my mailbox lid open and close outside on the porch, and not thinking I went out to check and see if my Bush money was out there as I am expecting, but there was nothing, and NEVER has my mailman been THAT early. I got up and looked, opened the door, nothing. No sight of the mailman anywhere, no sight of anyone actually. Makes one wonder.

When the mailman comes in the afternoons I can usually hear him open and close the lid, so what was this? PHANTOM MAIL DELIVERY? yet another strange anomaly in my day! I will go see if the mail has run yet, it's noon.

UPDATE: Yesterday afternoon after checking the mailbox, I did get that CD in the mail, so the mailman had not run earlier at 9:30 a.m.. Yep, it was phantom mail! Next thing I know they'll start ringing the doorbell.

and what is going on in your corner of the blog planet?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss B--about that business of hearing your mailbox open and having no mail, no sign of the mailman and WAY too early--it could have been some silly kid out way too early OR--an experience I have quite frequently--what Norwegians call a "vardogr" or literally a "forerunner." A sound of car doors, doors opening, or whatever, with no one there; but the person you go to the door thinking it might be them does eventually turn up, usually within the hour. It happens most frequently for me when Willard is coming to visit, and occasionally when my sister and niece are planning to visit--and I have no idea those are what their plans are.

    There are stories in Norway of people actually being SEEN, physically seen, long before they arrive in a place, but I've never seen anyone, only heard them.

    So you're not losing it. Or if you are, then you're not alone; I am too! Luv & hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, Fairweather, come to think of it, I did get a phone call from my daughter and son-in-law as they were in route coming home for the weekend not long after that! I was not expecting them, but had been expecting my sister.

    Our neighborhood is very quiet, and I know of no kids on this block; most are older persons, and rental property with nobody home during the daytime usually other than the retirees.

    I guess this weekend I am going to have a house full!

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!