Where Are You Going This Summer?

Photobucket

THERE used to be a time — oh, let’s call it 2007 — when summer was considered a time of almost limitless possibilities, a time of languorous vacations, of trips filled with the promise of discovery.

But the summer of 2008 is starting out like a cruel joke, with air travel increasingly a nightmare and with wildly escalating gas prices threatening to make the road trip all but obsolete. It’s almost enough to make you sit at home and catch up on episodes of “Gossip Girl.”

The summer vacation is still an inalienable right, however. And there is no reason to forgo it this year. It will just take a bit of creativity — and perhaps the willingness to stay a little closer to home this time around — to pull it off in 2008.

Thus, here are 31 options — from river rafting in eastern Oregon to biking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire — for a great summer vacation. Not one involves the terrifying conversion of dollars into euros, many can be enjoyed without ever getting on a plane, and the road trips are ones that actually justify filling up your tank, even if the price of gas hits $5 a gallon this summer.

To finish reading this article, which is interesting I might add, click here.

Hope everybody has a great day! Our server is down this morning, so I'm surfing for a bit! I am trying to decide which one of these 31 places I would love to go this summer!

4 comments:

  1. I wish, but I'm NOT going anyplace. BooHoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, more than likely if I go anywhere, it won't be until September cause we are suppose to vacation somewhere! I wanta go to Spain, but first I have to talk him into it!

    over the summer, if I get to Cincinnati to see my sister for a few weeks that would be great! I can work anywhere as long as I have a connection and of course my puter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're staying home at least we have a lot to see in fl.
    That's my wish have a job that i can take on the road,maybe one day i'll be a pro blogger Ha! Ha!
    ( I can dream can't I)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, my dream is to get an RV and a sponsor and visit all my blog buddies coast to coast! Don't you think that would make a cool reality show Allison?

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!