Knock, Knock...Whose There?

A policeman standing at my door?

Oh God, what happened?

I can tell you what happened next I was totally unprepared for. I was shocked that my 17 year old teen would accuse me of assaulting her. When? Over the weekend? I never saw her the weekend at all. As a matter of fact, she was dropped off by her Dad for an hour on Monday while he ran errands. He has dropped her off a few times over the last 3 weeks as I haven't had a car to pick her up in. Monday while she was here for an hour, we had a great time listening to music and she even brightened my otherwise stressful day at work.

No, I was totally unprepared for this news. It shook me up so much so that I couldn't even do my job. The officer informed me Bobbi was very upset and emotional and did not want me to go to jail. There were no pictures taken, no obvious battery, other than what he referred to as a few days old bruise on her forearm that looked like a thumb print and possibly a 3rd and 4th finger imprint from where perhaps somebody could have applied pressure. The cop also told me, as did Bobbi's dad that Bobbi said she never wanted to see me again. I can't tell you how shocked I was at that, and so unbelievably hurt to the point of tears. Unbelievable.

Even more unbelievable is that the story gets even worse, according to the my ex from hell whom I called at lunchtime about this. He informed me that he was told called by the school yesterday and it escalated from there and he is doing what he was told to do? Does that include filing an EPO against the mother of your child? Supposedly and acc. to my inside sources, he was at the courthouse at 9 a.m. sharp to file this, but as of yet, nearly 11 p.m., I have not been served with any papers stating such. My ex's story does not jive with what I found out at school, other than my daughter implying that I had put it there.

The school counselor did tell me that he had pressed her for details about it, but that she was unable to really provide anything acceptable to warrant him calling in any authorities. I assured him that indeed there was no credibility to this. I was surprised though that acc. to the ex this whole episode started there. As it stands now, I am still waiting to find out what is going on. The cop and the school was surprised that her father filed an EPO, well no kidding, so am I. I have tried to contact my daughter on her Facebook page out of concern but she is ignoring me, and she had worked at her part-time job this evening.

I am shellshocked to hell.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Bella. How awful for you. I hope she comes to her senses soon...

    Hang in there.

    And consider hiring a good lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Protect yourself. Independence that looks like that is dangerous....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually *not dazed and bewildered like your fun welcome sys, but after that post I sure am... that sounds f*ing awful. I remember (sorry mom) that teenage girls can be awful to their mothers, but that's past terrible. Thinking of you and sending you strength to work through it all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there kiddo, things like this flash and then it tends to fizzle as kids grow up and mature - some day you will be laughing about all of this. That will be, of course, a much better time than now.
    Best regards, Olehere

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the hell? Hang in there! I'm sure she loves you deep down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry this happened. Apparently there are more problems there than you aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear God, what?!?!

    Praying for you during this crazy time...

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!