I have been 12 days without my car. 12 whole days!
I am going insane! I didn't have a car last weekend, and I won't have a car this weekend. I would drag a bike out of my garage if there was one in there. It looks as though any bike that we had, has also disappeared out of the garage! I know who did that.
I called Walter, my mechanic, and he informed me that I might, (he said might) get my car back this Monday or Tuesday?! and of course, they don't have a loaner car for me to drive. If it wasn't for my friends who stopped by I would have starved to death already!
What happened to my car? It all started right around Memorial Day weekend, when my teen daughter drove my car dry of every fluid in it, and proceeded to try to drive it after that. Needless to say, she blew up my car motor. We like to never got it home, and in fact, she was police escorted home because she and a male friend of hers decided they would sleep in my car instead of calling me because she had taken my car without my knowledge, nor without a license. I did not the extent of damage until later, and I would also be shocked to learn that she had taken my car out many times without my permission which is probably why my fluids were so low and I didn't know because I don't drive it everyday as I work from home here.
That particular night I happened to pick up my keys after I realized that my car was not out front and she was gone; this was way after midnight. Come to find out were two keys which look identical upon first glance, but upon further inspection it became clear to me that she had switched this fake look alike key for my ignition key. Yeah, pretty clever, huh?
In July, I got a new motor put in it for 1100 bucks for a supposed cherry 40,000-mile motor, and drove it for a bit (about a good month and a half, not everyday), when I noticed it started missing, was still stinking like a melted crayon, so I thought enough was enough. Walter already knew I had complained of the smell, and I figured it was because of something they spilt and/or some seeding that needed to happen with the valves. Either or, this car was missing and still stinking, so I called Walter back, and told him to tell those boys that the car motor they put in it obviously was not of good quality or they figured I was stupid, and that I expected them to do the right thing with no cost to me. For all I know that motor could have had 200,000 miles on it, and it could have been likely that they got the wool pulled over their eyes if it didn't come from their selvage yard.
So, as it stands, I am car-less and bike-less in rural downtown Urbappalachia!
Dang IT !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well, for once I am speechless. You're carless, I'm speechless. What a pair?
ReplyDeleteYou are never speechless, what's up, girl?
ReplyDeleteThat is crazy!!
ReplyDeleteAnother one of my friends died. Had a heart attack at breakfast. He was 52. No insurance and his wife said he'd been having chest pains. Thought it was indigestion.
ReplyDeleteOK, so we still haven't got this email thing sorted....when you leave a comment, I can't reply to you because you have 'no reply comment' on as the address. If you go to your profile, click edit, and third button down click 'show email,' then it will change that. If you want.
ReplyDeleteIn regard to your sacred cow question, I think I'll do a post on it in a couple of days....it's a great question :)
And now to your post :)
ReplyDeleteEek. I remember arriving home in my Mum's car (aged 15), and she was standing on the lawn waiting. Uh oh....she was meant to be out :)
It happens.
I would go stark-raving MAD if I had to do without my wheels!! You're a stronger person than I am for not going on a shooting rampage by now! :)
ReplyDelete