Well, after a closed meeting with the Judge, John, a supervisor with Child Svcs, the social worker Tasha, and the Commonwealth attorney and myself, consensus is that as much as the Judge cares about all his kids who come into his court, he expressed his worry and concern over this "little lost girl" he called her. I told him he wasn't alone, that I feel like I failed her too, so he took it upon himself to tell John to find her the best treatment facility in the State, which happens to be in Louisville, 3 hours away. She will get everything she needs here, and more than she wants no doubt; its comprehensive, on site schooling, mental health svcs, medical and dental services, a psychiatrist on staff and qualified psychologists to help her.
While I've been a little bruised and battered once again, bruises will heal, time with pass. However, its clear to me that my life is moving on without her and I'm okay with this. She is 14, time for her to face her own demons. I called her social worker today and told her that I did not want to receive any phone calls from Isabella right now. She needs to be alone and truly think about things. Fact is, she doesn't respect me as the authority figure; I am and will always be her grandmother, and that is all I want to be.
I will talk to her and/or the staff once a month to see how she is, and maybe I'll go see her after a couple of months; again giving her time to realize the consequences of her actions and not having me in her life for a long while. have resigned myself to the fact that she will end up perhaps in foster care (luckily a good family), or choosing to stay or be kept in a treatment center until she reaches 18, and I'm okay with perhaps visitation with me when she is out if and when she has done a complete transformation of her former self.
... and on the work front, a lot of long disability reports today ... ugh. every one over 10 minutes long. How are things in your neck of the woods?
OK, I'm now breathing a sigh of relief on your behalf. Recently we had a situation a couple of miles up the road from me where a 17 year old killed his adopted dad, left him in the backyard under a tarp. Stayed in the house by himself until school let out and then took off for another part of the state, leaving his 2 dogs locked in the cellar to starve to death.
ReplyDeleteKid has been arrested, is in jail and has zero remorse for any of it. Oh wait, yes he does have remorse. He's sorry he got caught.
yeah, I'm holding out hope for Isabella and the team of professionals but its up to her to accept and do the work. :)
DeleteNow, you are safe and she is away from the bad influences that twisted her mind to the path she now leads. I'm hopeful a better way can be found for her. Keep the faith, as they say.
ReplyDeleteBella. Troubled kids are such a heartbreak. Sometimes nothing works except the extremes. Best hopes are for the lights to go on in their heads. Good luck.
ReplyDeletethanx Mooner
Delete