48 hours

was on tonight and all about teens and social media ... and how predators lure them out.  Sadly a 13 year old girl ended up dead ... another 15 year old groomed and lured by a 30 year old man who she met several times and who raped her in the name of love, he knew she was only 15.  Its downright scary how easy it is to fake a profile and start talking to young girls ... far too many young teen girls base their self-esteem on how many likes on their posts of pics they get; their life becomes centered around their online activities and real life and family relationships fall by the wayside.  The documentary was titled, Stranger Danger... it sent chills up my spine ... because I realize that my own granddaughter was spending way too much time online probably chatting with guys she didn't know too.  Just recently some guy sent her an X-rated picture and I immediately told him straight up that he was messaging a 14 year old and that I was reporting him, promptly followed by a block.  I had her passwords and every message she got from Facebook came to my phone.  I did my best to monitor and block sites by using parental controls and people off her Facebook, but even with monitoring sneaky teens find a way to avoid parental scrutiny.  Nothing is foolproof especially online, and sadly could result in devastating consequences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!