My house is quiet tonight. The teen is off spending the night with a friend whose birthday is tomorrow. This girl is not 16 yet, and doesn't drive so I'm not worried they're out running wild, or are they? My teens seems not to be at a loss for friends here lately, especially of the male persuasion. Just yesterday at Wal-Mart she was flirted with, and of course he was polite to me; however he's a man at 19 and she's jail bait, and my baby still! Good Lord, back off...
As far as my son, he is on chemotherapy pills for his esophageal cancer and only in his 30s. He will see the doctor back in two months. They believe they caught it early enough, I sure hope so. He lives about five hours away from me so I don't get to see him very often. I miss him. As far as my male friend who had the prostate biopsy, he will know the results this week, they said 10 days, (biopsy done Apr. 10th), so by Monday he should get a phone call. I hope and pray that these two men in my life will be around for many years to come. I'm not prepared to let either of them slip out of my life. I lost my good ex a few years ago to lung cancer, that was the hardest thing ever. I was blessed to have him in my life for nine years, and he loved my girls unconditionally which they needed so desperately.
I sometimes wonder why God takes the good ones out of our lives while some of the more vile creatures (the evil ex) in our lives still slither around. I did find out that the trial is scheduled to begin July 20th. I can't say I'm too happy about this, I just want it to be over for my daughter. It is so hard to have this bear on her heart for what will be a year in August. Wow, time has flown by.
In other news, Michael, a friend of mine, stopped by today and cut my yard. He has cut my yard for nothing for a few years now. He's pretty, and such a dear heart. His visit the first of the week caught me off guard, of course I was nasty myself, stinky, having a bad hair day, and top of that, the teen and I were having a argument, perfect timing, as usual! He has a knack for that...however, that kiss has stayed on my mind. I wished my New York baby would pay his girl a visit, and soon! I really miss not having love and affection, it's making me feel old and cranky, damnit! Perhaps I could steal some affection from the gardener?
Yes, it's been an interesting week, I nearly burnt down my kitchen and the next day I stubbed my right foot and broke my fourth toe, and it's still a pretty shade of purple!
I need a vacation...and a good roll in the hay!
I am so sorry your son has cancer! Gosh, but I hope they DID catch it in time.
ReplyDeleteYes, me too; that's all we can hope for at this point, other than a good oncologist.
ReplyDelete