Wednesday Mayhem

Famous last words of a patient I typed yesterday ~

“If you forget to do something, you don’t know you forgot to do it.”

Photobucket

unless there’s consequences, huh?

Say, for instance, you hear a strange loud pop from an adjoining room, and remembering you had something on the stove, you go to the kitchen and …

holy shit!!!!

My kitchen stove is on fire!

Can you guess my first instinct?

A. smother it.
B. throw it in the sink
C. do absolutely nothing … (I’m thinking this place is worth more to me burnt down!)

or...

D. take a photo?



First off, let me say my first instinct was not to take a picture LOL so this picture isn't mine (just so ya know) ...

However, I did have fleeting thoughts of just turning around and running! LOL and let this place burn down solving a lot of my problems with upkeep; however I don't fancy the idea of really being homeless right now.



Frankly I was shocked to see the mile high flames cause I only put a pot of water on for spaghetti, how does that catch on fire? uhh...

Upon closer inspection it was not the burner I had put the actual pot on but the back burner which I had inadvertently turned on instead. I couldn't get to the knob (since it was melted) to turn off the burner cause the flames were on it, and the pot of water was sitting on the front burner, so whaddya think I did?



Yep, I took that water and threw it right on that burner dousing out the flames luckily, but I had a towel in hand ready to tackle should I need to. After I got the flames down I doused the back where the knob was and got down and unplugged the electric stove. Even the oven was spewing stinkiness!

I had to turn on my furnace exhaust to get out the fumes and smoke out of the house, open my back door and finally I can breathe again!

If you are faced with an actual grease fire emergency on your kitchen stove, here's a video showing you what to do.



Perhaps I'll invest in a little kitchen fire extinguisher! I'm sure they'd be worth their weight in gold and luckily you would never have to use it.

Gee, wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Perhaps I'll go stove shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!