My kids asked me I were cooking an Easter dinner and I told them that my Appalachian Passover Seder will probably consist of Kentucky Fried Chicken! My sister and her boyfriend, and her daughter are coming down tomorrow. She said "mom" wanted us to celebrate and get together (long story about a medium who supposedly mom was communicating through?), as her husband's birthday is tomorrow. Mom has been dead since 2004.
I remember growing up we would all go to church on Easter Sunday not that we didn't normally go anyway, but I was always surprised at the number of new faces that would show up on Easter Sunday. For some people, that's the only time they come into a church, well except for maybe Christmastime. I always marveled at these women trying to outdo one another with their suits and hats! To some people Easter is all about dressing up and splurging for a new outfit! I haven't been inside a church for years. Organized religion is just not my thing, not that I am an atheist, but I don't feel the pressure or need to "dress up" to meet approval from a congregation cause I'm pretty sure the Lord Almighty doesn't care. To each their own.
I suppose some businesses, government agencies, or post offices were closed half a day if not all day, but my job went on for 8 hours today. I'm exhausted! As far as the legal issues for my ex from hell, I don't know how that went and I suppose his court date and trial is soon forthcoming.
The best news occurring on Good Friday was hearing from "D" after he underwent the prostate biopsy today. I said that they put in an IV and knocked him out, and he didn't feel a thing. No incidence occurred with the procedure, thank goodness! He is taking it easy at home (or is he?), and said he was peeing blood but having no pain. He keeps a sense of humor through it all.
On the home front, my teen and I are bucking heads again. Isn't this a rerun? I could swear I just saw this episode! This girl is getting on my last nerve!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!