Are You Afraid of Heights?

This is El Camino del Rey in El Chorro (The way of the king) near Alora in Malagala, Spain. It was built in 1901 for King Alfonso XIII (1866- 1941). It was closed after four deaths in two accidents on the trail in 1999 and 2000. While the trail is closed to hikers, as you can see from this video, daredevils still attempt on a regular basis.



It looks like most of the people put repelling equipment and hook onto cables to hike this, otherwise one slip and oh my, it was thrilling and frightful just to watch! Would you try it?
 
by the way, I realize that music plays here 24/7, so if you choose not to listen to it or wish to view the video minus the music noise! LOL just hit the little square box on the player to shut it up!  Funny thing, I'm sure most of you already knew that, however, it is a running joke for me with a friend of mine at Blogstream.  He complained to me that he couldn't watch a video one day because the music was playing on my blog over there, so I had to give him directions on how to shut it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!