On Hoarder's Tonight...

PhotobucketDid any of you guys watch this show, or are tuning into the series on A & E Channel? The show focused on a couple, Jennifer and Ron, who are hoarders, as well as a 61-year-old woman named Jill, who hoards food.

Jennifer is a young stay at home mom. Both she and her husband Ron, suffer from hoarding and their three kids are growing up with piles of junk, food, and clothing everywhere. They have been cited by the city on numerous occasions. Jennifer lives every day in fear of child protective services coming and taking her kids away and must now try to get the house in order before it's too late. Personally, it's one thing to live like that, it's another to subject children to it.

Jill's home is a nightmare. Food in various stages of decay is stuffed among her two freezers and four refrigerators--one of which is held shut by duct tape and a box of dented canned goods. She recently lost her job and knows that if her landlord were to pay a visit she would get evicted immediately.

Both Jennifer and Ron, and Jill, were greeted by cleanup crews and psychologists to help them. I think Ron had the hardest time, Jennifer the easiest, and Jill, OMG what a nightmare her home was with rotting food on the floors and the stench the guy said was just unbelievable. It made me want to hurl just looking at it.

The sad truth is that unless their mental behavior changes they will probably fall right back into their hoarding ways. Unfortunately there is no full episode video available like there was last week, which I posted, but there is a disturbing video about Jill's food hoarding. To check out this video click here.

Got an opinion? Are you a hoarder yourself? This series is disturbing, and it makes me want to clean out my junk and get rid of it. Next week, looks to be interesting too!

5 comments:

  1. I've had various hoarding episodes in my life, but the moment anything starts to rot or smell, it goes without hesitation.

    Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never hoard anything! I throw everything away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely not a hoarder, in fact, I'm the opposite, whatever that would be called, LOL. I tend to like the bare minimum and when we moved 3 years ago from MOntana to So. Calif, we went from 3400 square feet to 1500 square feet; I got rid of 2/3 of our stuff, didn't miss a thing! only thing I do have to be careful with here, in So. Calif. is emergency supplies in case of earthquake!

    to answer your question, regarding medical transcription; I work for a national company. I've been doing this 30 plus years (not with national company but as a transcriptionist). I'm not sure where you want to relocate in the West Coast, but So. Calif is VERY expensive; wages for the national company I work for don't take that into consideration; local businesses do and California's minimum wage is higher than other states. I am doing clinic work primarily because I never worked in a hospital and companies won't test someone if they haven't had recent acute care experience (which in my mind makes no sense why they won't test someone with over 30 years experience over a 2-year experience with acute care; except for op notes, I've done H&P's, discharge summaries, consults in clinic work and they are basically the same. Anyway, most of the national companies are going to voice recognition and converting transcriptionists to editors or "medical language specialists". Editing pays less per line because they say you can do it faster, but it is hard to retrain this "old dog" (me) who has been transcribing 30 years. I have not checked out local jobs for transcription as I wanted to get out of having to pick up and deliver work (did that for 8 years in Montana). email me Lv2trnscrb@aol.com if you have further questions :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched that one, too, and was horrified! The food hoarding was just scary... she kept saying, "But that's still good, I can eat that!" about food that was a year past its expiration date and was growing green mold! She really needs some help. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by the way, I like the new layout. I especially like the fact that blogger lets me visit your blog now. For the longest time, I would get error messages and couldn't view your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!