to the East Side...to a deluxe apartment in the sky...Go ahead sing it! surely you guys remember this, right? Who didn't love George & Weezy?! and here's your challenge, bloggers, without looking it up. Do you remember the name of the cantankerous maid?
Anyway I got a phone call Friday from work by a lady that I was close to, which surprised me, because she is no longer typing medical reports due to physical problems and she moved into another section of the transcription business when our small company merged with a larger transcription company. I went on to work from home, and so we haven't seen each other since the company Christmas dinner last year.
She calls me and asks if I might be interested in joining the QCH. What is the QCH? The Quality Control Hub...yes, instead of typing reports, I will be doing my part in Quality Assurance. My job will be to draw up other medical transcriptionist's reports and make any errors, grade their performance, and the re-upload the reports. In our company, we have a 3-tier QA system, which means each report goes through 3 sets of Quality Assurance personnel, before it gets shipped off to the physician.
While I am excited at this possibility of less typing, I am surprised that with this new responsibility comes no raise in paycheck? How does that not happen? I am concerned that protocol is new to me and very much involved, especially when grading other MT's (medical transcriptionists) work.
Monday should prove to be an interesting day, as I still don't have some the proper materials (like the AAMT Book of Style) I need, or the TurboFlow QA program downloaded on my computer to get this new job done?!
Update: The support tech and I got the QA Program on here, we'll see if it works tomorrow bright and early!
*the music jazz box has been taken down*
and by the way, the maid's name was Florence!

So did you take it??? Any chance of a raise???
ReplyDeleteOh, and - no I can't remember the maid's name.
ReplyDeleteOf course I remember that show and the song that came with it but no my memory cannot recall the maids name. No raise with this? Doesn't seem right to me either. Good luck and hope all goes well!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I give up. I've never heard of George and Weezy. I'm going to have to google them. Good luck on Monday.
ReplyDeletegood luck. if the pay is the same, I guess it is a matter of which you enjoy more, right?
ReplyDeleteI do remember the Jeffersons; cute show
ReplyDeleteQA sounds like fun! I did a bit of it for my former company when they were behind in it, but didn't have to do the grading since the system for grading was down at the time
I think QA is very important for quality of reports and accuracy of reports and I understand the grading part of it too. I get frustrated sometimes with QA because they are inconsistent. One might like one style, another likes another style. So you change one thing because they changed it and then the next QA person does it your old way and changes what you transcribed. So what to do? (more style issues than transcribing the wrong words)
you asked me a question about pay; but I can't remember the specifics. Email me at Lv2trnscrb@aol.com; I would rather not discuss income potential on a public blog, make sense?
good luck! I'm sure you will do great!
betty
Have never heard of that show! (I'm British, so no surprise...)
ReplyDeleteYou should definitely get a raise in pay! Insist on it...)
Hahaha! Now I want to do the Geoge Jefferson strut and say "Weezy!!"
ReplyDelete