Love?! Lord Above...

My friend Susie and I were discussing the 'love' subject the other day, and she told me she has pretty much given up on it. She gave up years ago she said because her daughter (now grown) has autism and nobody would want all that extra baggage. I can't even get her out of the house. "I could have been somebody" she tells me, but "she has ruined my life." (talking about her mentally ill grown daughter). I don't know, I don't think I would sacrifice personal love just because my daughter had special needs. Her daughter is taking two college courses as well. It's not like this grown daughter's father isn't providing support. He picks her up everyday, so Susie has relief and help. Lots of people have it rougher. To each their own. I don't know which is worse, having a daughter with autism or having a daughter on drugs and being sick in that way?

Sometimes I think in a way I have given up on love myself, and hang onto the notion that this long distance relationship is enough. Its not about the quantity of time we spend together, it's the quality of it. There he is with his, states away, and here I am with mine. I guess what I need is time spent. I don't want or need a 24-7 partner, I just feel the need to love and be loved. Is there such a thing as true love, ya think, bloggers? I have always heard that in order to find love you have to be looking, right? and your heart has to be ready to receive love. So many people I know say their disappointed in their love choices, but is it really the person or their perception of how it was supposed to go? Some people are just not capable of loving another person. Love, to me, is always worth the risk of injury to the heart, but so many fear being hurt.

My sister, (we laugh about this still), called me and told me love came knocking on her door in the form of a handyman she hired to do some work for her! Was it love or Memorex?! Yes, he is a now a distant memory. She found a new guy who bought her boobies and he is still playing with them! You never know, love creeps up like Candid Camera when we least expect it sometimes. Me? I joke about the gardener, but he's just a friend, always has been, and not a love interest. If you'd like to share a little love story about where and how you met your significant other that would be great! or how he (or she) floats your boat, be my guest! Here's a little love dedication to all you bloggers out there, in love still, or still looking.

Photobucket


“I prayed to God for a love so true
now,
I, realize He already knew.
In time my prayer was answered,

a most wonderful match

He blessed me with you.”


Photobucket

"For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.

For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it.

For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it. " - Ivan Panin

Photobucket


“I love you not only for what you are,

But for what I am when I am with you

I love you not only for what you have made of yourself

But for what you are making me

I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”


Photobucket


“With you in my heart, my life is complete,

You're the air that I breathe and the food that I eat.

You are my soul mate, the beat in my heart,

It feels like a year each second we're apart.”


Photobucket


“Much joy and happiness you bring me.

If I had life to live again,
I'd want to with you,
my lover, my best friend.

always and forever, I'll love you till the end."

Photobucket


♥♥ Have a great Friday, bloggers! Much love to yuns!

5 comments:

  1. very good post, but I have to say at this point in my life I have to agree with your friend... I haven't "given" up on it ...it would be wonderful. But, if it doesn't happen (again).. I am still Okay. I would love to have somebody, but I don't need/have to have somebody to complete me. I am never alone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I believe one has to be realistic about it, but never give up! I still believe in BIG love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very touching post. Tender moment. The deepest of feeling. The reason for being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's when you least expect it that love comes in!:)
    Ah love too complicated to talk about,simple to feel!

    That was lovely,truely beautiful!

    I wish you find shoes to fit you well ;)

    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I may have given up on THAT kind of love.. . but then again I'm old, cynical and married for 22 years. . .

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!