Colonoscopies are no joke, but these comments during the exam were quite humorous..... A physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominately male) while he was performing their colonoscopies:
1. 'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!
2. 'Find Amelia Earhart yet?'
3. 'Can you hear me NOW?'
4. 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?'
5. 'You know, in Arkansas, we're now legally married.'
6. 'Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?'
7. 'You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out...'
8. 'Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!'
9. 'If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!
10. 'Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity.'
11. 'You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?'
12. 'God, now I know why I am not gay.'
And the best one of all.
13. 'Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?'
I haven't laughed this hard since last time! ha! Speaking of a colonoscopy I first had one done in 2007, and I was expecting some horrible experience, but I didn't feel a thing, I was out like a light! and when I woke up, I felt great! After all, I was 10 pounds lighter from the prep which wasn't that bad either. I know there are some horror tails out there about colonoscopies but mine was not one!
just found your blog from a comment you left on Dr. Grumpy's blog; hi from a fellow medical transcriptionist!!
ReplyDeleteenjoyed reading these comments from a colonoscopy; too funny!
enjoy Sunday :)
betty
hi and welcome! It's great to meet a fellow transcriptionist; it seems there are few blogging about it!
ReplyDelete