off to Slade next weekend ...

 Natural Bridge State Park - Slade, KY, United States


Son has decided it would be nice to get the family together on his birthday weekend, so he's rented a cabin or two and head count so far is 8, probably a few more at Natural Bridge State Resort Park. Of course the teen says if it ain't got wifi I ain't going! hahaha! I told her we'd be busy hiking and getting some much needed fresh air and quality time with those we love, so I'm looking forward to getting out of Dodge a few days! The big attraction is the natural sandstone arch that spans 78 feet long, 65 feet high, 12 feet thick and 20 feet wide located in the midst of the Daniel Boone National Forest, near the Red River Gorge Geological Area. Good thing they have a skylift up to it! otherwise that's a haul... and there are other trails and hiking, one I was reading had 600 steps? gracious! Nothing man-made atop the arch, its just you, fresh air, blue sky and hopefully with people who like ya so they don't push ya off! You can bet I'm not gonna get too close to the edge but should be a great place to get some wonderful pictures! There's supposedly a Lovers Leap around there too, (also one at Hawk's Eye WV), the stuff romantic novels are made of I suppose...or the tragic end of one.

4 comments:

  1. You could write that story, if you wanted to. Take pictures. Show us the top of your world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah, you write it, I'll try not to leap off the top of the world while I'm up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay double the comment, double the fun? this has happened more than once to me here lately ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been chewing Double Mint gum again?

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!