
sounds like the weather we're having.
SOS (same ole shiz) ... Hot and humid again, with a side of occasional rain!
which only makes things worse. Its like living inside a dang sauna!
This weather has been way too humid and sticky for my liking, and unless I have to run errands or be at a water source, I'd rather not venture outside the palace gates here!
My cooling system has run nonstop and this window air conditioner unit upstairs doesn't even keep my bedroom cool enough through the day and I find I need to wait until about 10 to even try to lounge there, but the downstairs is butt-ass cold!
I grew up without air conditioning and bunked on the 2nd floor, and then as an adult with two kids moved into a 3rd floor apartment without any air conditioning at all, and believe me ... when the heat index is up like this and people have no air, they get nasty uncomfortable and mean, especially if you are living in an apartment complex like I did for low income housing and HUD subsidized rent. I was going to radiologic technology school and in the summer months, on any given night you could hear the outbursts and the arguments, people outside all hours of the night, no doubt due to the irritability of having to live in such god-awful temperatures. At the time I moved in, I didn't realize it did not have central air, and if you put in a window air conditioner you had to pay extra for it and of course that meant you'd have to purchase the air conditioner too, which wasn't in my budget at the time. I lived my first summer without air conditioner and it was murderous!
At those times in my youth and early adulthood air conditioning was a luxury. To me its an absolute necessity!
Some like it hot? Nah, I like it cold and frigid!
so what is playin' at The Lounge? ... rainy day jazz ... outside its hot, inside its raining ...
Know the feeling. My a/c went out at Lake Monroe and the humidity was stifling. I've had other issues to deal with, so a/c has taken a backseat. I go to sleep at about 2 AM and wake-up around 10 AM just be find a "comfort zone" of natural air-conditioning.
ReplyDeleteAs a kid, I would sleep with my bedroom window closed because I saw a movie where Count Dracula turned to smoke and blew into a person's bedroom through a window screen. I hated vampires.
yep, since I slept upstairs my head was half hung out the window most nights until heat exhaustion set in ... can't say that Count Dracula ever entered my mind; however there was this one time that something touched my head and scared me half to death ... and another time a loud chewing/gnawing sound was in the room, and come to find out a field mice had wandered in and was eating day old stale half a sandwich somebody left laying in a chair...hahaha! My sister screamed the poor little mouse was scared stiff in its tracks ...
Delete