My day in QA ...

what in tarnation?!
... so far this morning, has been interesting; what has it been 2 hours and I just got two reports done that were STATs at CS level.  I didn't even log in on time, I slept another 30 in, my bad.  These 2 reports had already gone through one of our QA people and they were both absolutely incredible as far as the amount of blanks and gross errors left in them.

Boss called about the time I was trying to finish up the 2nd one; said that particular QA is being looked at, may be demoted, or take a cut in pay or some of other consequences befall for such gross and negligent errors (she was talking about 2 other accounts this QA worked on).  One would have to see to believe the errors, I kid you not ... off the wall stuff like..."Additional desires for Viagra?  this is a female with all the info dictated but no demographics were placed where they should have been; QA left a note that MT did not finish typing but the last hand that touched it was QA and it is their responsibility to ensure a quality product, this was nowhere close.

Heads are gonna roll on this one.

So I am on the other late file on the system, and I have to chuckle at the "gut & butt remark"...

A 58 year old lady applying for disability (in a far away state) who states she has had diarrhea for 12 years? ...Come on now... states she cannot do anything when her gut and butt are acting up.  That was all the information that she provided. (and that's more information that you or I needed to know too!)    

and that makes me a little queasy...!  reminds me of Morning Fluoro as a radiologic technologist doing barium enemas!  Oh the tales I could tell...

anyway, over and out for now.  :) Have a gr8 day. 

UPDATE:  This particular QA was banned from working on this one account (not the one I found gross errors on...but another very picky client that she was messing up on); we receive all work through poolscripts set up for each individual QA person, so its easy to do just pull the client name out of her poolscripts and she will not pull any work related to that one account! This client did have an in-service yesterday that she did attend, so maybe they'll put her back on the account.  :( 



2 comments:

  1. This level of competency is rampant in today's society and in all professions. Just think. Some day we'll be having to have surgery with someone as slipshod as this. I'm going out with all my parts intact no matter how painful. I might suffer, but I might last longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep Sherry, I'd like to keep all my body parts intact too, I've only lost a rare few! :) How is the heat up there where you are? it has been so miserable here. Hope you and hubby are doing okay.

      Delete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!