Long Week...and an even longer weekend.

Got up this morning and spent 4 hours working since we are mandated to work 4 hours at least this weekend and more if we can.  I was planning on work more this evening but it hasn't worked out for me. We are at a critical situation on the workfront or lose the account, so I will do everything I can to help probably working tomorrow too.

In other news, teen has been in school for what 8 days, and she has detention Monday and Tuesday for walking off campus one day last week.  She also hasn't ridden the bus one time to or from school. A friend's mother has been taking her to school and she has been walking home with that friend from which I pick her up.  I would prefer she ride the bus but her ODD is in full swing since she's been home.  Its driving me nuts...

One of the first few days, she had texted me that she was not feeling well, since she had the female thingy going on, I opted to go get her, what I didn't realize is that it was not that...it was because she stayed up too late on social media or her phone and came home and passed out pretty much. She pulled this a few days later, and I told her that she would have to go by the nurses station and/or the counselors office and if they deemed her sick then they would call me to pick her up.  The second time she said if I didn't come pick her up, she would just leave, to which I told her there would be consequences.  She didn't care she walked off campus.  Just this past Friday she was texting me that she was falling  asleep again, wanted me to come pick her up to which I promptly replied no.  She actually made it through the day without walking off campus again, but after having to go through this ordeal will she try to limit herself and actually go to bed at a decent hour?

Doubt it ... I gave her a chance to prove that she could self-limit, but its obvious that isn't going to happen, so I will be cutting her off all wifi by 10 or 10:30 at the latest on school nights.  Maybe then she'll lay down and sleep and make it through a school day without being sleepy.  This texting me from school is just crazy.  Why schools are allowing cellphones is beyond me. They are just a distraction to the educational experience.  Its turned into a social circus.  I don't know this world is coming to.  :(

Yes, we in full swing ODD at its finest.  Meds can't happen soon enough. I just have to keep reminding myself of this...

Image result for oppositional defiant teens



No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!