Ah! Those Were The Days~

 I've not always been a paleface, actually one summer in particular when I was a young sassy lassie, I had the prettiest golden tan for miles around, thanks to this little beauty.  The electric lawnmower!

 1

I can't remember the color of it per se, but what I do remember was that big long orange cord that you had to make sure you didn't run over! Mom didn't trust too many people to handle the yard mowing with the Sunbeam.  I'm not sure whatever happened to that electric lawnmower! what a novel idea for the times, huh? that was probably the same year we got the silver pom pom Christmas tree with the spinning wheel of color, remember either of these?

This lawnmower even had a flip handle, push it one way and then just flip the handle and back and forths, but it was always having to move the electric cord too! I sweated out the task of our big yard many times with that Sunbeam and kept all my fingers and toes intact! :)

With my small yard here, maybe I should invest back in one of these lawnmowers but considering the price of electricity nowdays maybe not such a wise investment!  ... nah!

however, I'd love to have a silver pompom tree once again,  Everytime I found one on E-Bay I always got outbid, I think its rigged!  I found the tree rather space aged for the times! as far as lights it was a bummer (this was back when they were big and clunky and hot too) but who needs lights, right? when you have a color wheel!  I spent many hours in awe of it.  Also, like the lawnmower I'm not sure what happened to the tree either!

2 comments:

  1. My grandfather had an electric lawnmower and cutting the grass was a quiet experience as it hardly made any noise. You started cutting in a back and forth pattern, starting at the house and stretching the cord farther as you cut farther out. Keep the blade sharp and you'll have a nice looking lawn.

    The aluminum Christmas Tree was a fashion statement of the early 1960s, as I recall. We had one with a color filter wheel that rotated in front of a 150 watt flood lamp. Got pretty hot, but the tree looked great from outside through the big picture window. It just wasn't "traditional" and eventually, the aluminum got flattened down with repeated storage - usually took a couple of seasons. Next came the bottle brush plastic trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep nothing like those hard bristly trees but you couldn't kill'em! they had the color coded limbs...LOL

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!