once upon a time...

You want a funny ghost tale?

click here. 

This weekend I've been rather lazy and resting way too much.  I took a Flexeril for muscle aches on Friday, and I've felt hungover for two days! This is worse kind of hangover...

Anyway, speaking of ghostly tales, I tune into A&E, as they have some pretty good shows, including their show called, "I Survived." Talk about horror stories that actually happen to REAL people. Watching that show puts me in a panic mode if I hear a noise around this house, and believe me, this house is noisy! I could swear at times in this house I"m not alone, and being awakened one time by a hand or fingers that sort of raked out from my neck to my shoulder waking me out of a sound sleep, let me know that somebody was trying to get my attention!

yeah...luckily that has not happened since, I took it as being a message to see a doctor about my health at the time because I was barely functioning and sleeping all the time.  I was so exhausted.  My girlfriends tell me its John, that he's still here they say because he loved me so much that even death couldn't keep him away.  I sometimes ponder that. 

My ex-husband, John, who died of cancer in August 2006, used to come by that summer and lounge in my livingroom while I worked in the next room, my dining room.  I used to tease him about dying in my lounge chair with his feet propped up. He breathed rather heavily so I would know if he stopped breathing, and I'd holler in there at times teasing him that if he died in my chair, "I'd kill him!"  We laughed.   He only lived for 9 months following the diagnosis. We had divorced two years before the diagnosis but had remained friends, good friends even though living together was a strain.

After 9 years in my life, I never expected him to be taken away from us. He always felt like this was his house...he was comfortable here...loved here...and he's still here I feel.  His loss changed me in ways I had never thought.  Outside of the rake of fingers on my shoulder, I have heard his breathing here, I know this sounds weird but true, and I have smelled his cigarette smoke on occasion. Now that I think about it, the smoke would come at times of family stress. John was always the peacemaker, hated fights, especially between me and my oldest daughter. Our relationship was and still is rather strained. However, hearing his breathing, which was all too familiar, was the absolute weirdest, and I even had to get up and go check to satisfy my own mind that I was NOT crazy!! but don't be telling people that...unless they experience things themselves they'll think you're nuts...I've had other things happen to me that I can't explain...but...

I guess I am okay with whoever might happen to inhabit my living space, as long as its not a resident evil ...but having an intruder in the middle of the night through one of my doors or windows would definitely be frightening! As a woman living alone, I have no defense.  I can only hope and pray that doesn't happen, or the 'ghosts' protect me? uh...yeah...right...lol...

I need to quit watching this spooky stuff, and I will right after all the Halloween spooky specials are over! Nothing like watching the old scary favs...right? like Night of the Living Dead and Psycho, etc...or watching an Alien marathon?

Do you enjoy watching scary flicks?!

9 comments:

  1. I'm ambivalent about ghosts. obviously, there's no such thing. But then again, weird stuff like this makes me wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally believe you but stop watching that show anyway.As long as you feel good in your place and not threatened that can only be someone nice,obviously your ex-husband as it was his house and he liked the time he spent there.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch anything demonic... but I do like Ghost hunters and shows like that. But NO devil!!
    I too have had several unexplainable things happen. So, I would NEVER think you are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm, sorry, you're crazy! Then again so am I. Take care of yourself, you're one of the few I'd honestly miss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is kinda spooky! I do believe in some of this stuff because I have experienced my own spooky eerie moments. I, like you, don't mind, as long as it's not some resident evil thing.

    I do like to watch scarey flicks but have to be in the right mind frame to do so. I don't mind getting a little freaked out if I'm not alone or if it's something totally outrageous and couldn't really happen. I tend to get more freaked out over things that are realistic and could happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's only weird if you're not aware of what the truth is, and the truth is, it's true :) Seriously. When the soul is not ready to move on to its next destination, it stays somewhere...and it can manifest physical scents, sounds, and movements of other objects occasionally...most don't, but some do. John obviously is one that does....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to live in a house - a family property - that people were convinced was haunted, and more than one person assured me that at least one of the haunters was my grandfather. I'll admit, some of the occurrences did seem protective of me.

    Love scary movies. So few of them actually deliver, though. I have my hopes up for Paranormal Activity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's rather lovely that you remember John at times when you perhaps need him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bella, back before we became blogging buddies I did a ghost post you might enjoy. Check it out... http://termitesofsin.blogspot.com/2009/07/nanas-watching-you.html

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!