What Is Wrong With People?


Its been one of those "get in that round room and sit in the corner days..."

Stwange, very stwange...is it still a full moon or something?

Today I had the most craziest errors.  I am thinking to myself, "Don't these transcriptionists read their own type as they move along in a document? and question what it is they are typing? especially if it is something that sounds really whacked out...?

Obviously NOT! I tell yuns..."The patient resides in Stupidville, Ohio"...(is there such a place?...I guess that might depend on who you ask...lol) ... but for all intents and purposes it should have been Steubenville.  These MT's are supposed to be accurate as to places, and should they have cared to look this up they would have known there was not such a place.

This one got a  laugh out of me today..."there was ligament sensibility?" You're kidding right? haha! Should have been there was no ligamentous laxity, talking about muscle testing.

Some days I laugh all day at the stupidity and/or careless errors I have to correct, which is not to say that the MT's are stupid because the majority do their job extremely well.  However, there are a few questionable ones that I don't care how many times I make notes to send to them on their QA queries, they still do the same stupid stuff.  Most times it just has to do with following the actual typewritten guidelines provided to them!  It's a good darn thing, there's QA, lemme tellya. 

Something that irks me is the wrong spelling of an examiner's name (and putting an MD on the end of it?) when they have a list to go by of examiners and not one has MD at the end of their name; another irk is not entering the correct information in the patient details box.  I had a person spell Timmy as Temmy? Easy names and they can't even spell them, or the doctor spells them and they still get them wrong! LOL... They have instructions to use, and so there's no excuses for some of that stuff, especially when you have to correct it over and over, and over, same MT!

...and the other day in a urologic report..."grasped the urethra and pulled the stent through?" ouch! just think about that one for a moment.  It should have been "grasped the stent and pulled it out through the urethra..."

and who doesn't know the difference between embrace and embarrass?  Come on now, folks..."The patient avoids going out in public due to his anger issues and possibly making a scene as he might "embrace" himself...You're kidding, right? You really think "embrace" is the right word here? Yeah, that spellchecker won't tell you the proper word and yeah its spelled right, but ding-dong! that's just wrong!! ...and needless to say, it was typed several times through the course of this report.

Grammar, people grammar!

On the car issue, they did finally come get my car keys around 4 p.m., so I guess my car is back at the garage for another round of shoddy mechanic work?! Dang! I do not want any repeats of Saturday. So here I sit, one again carless, but I have music to console me.

10 comments:

  1. Stupidville.....that's funny stuff.....

    One can only imagine some of the strange things that the folks in your profession hear...

    Good posts of late,

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I've seen guys embrace themselves in public. Although, I do believe they prefer to think of it as "adjusting". lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once saw a help wanted ad for a transcriptionist that was so full of errors (grammar AND punctuation!) that I could barely understand it!! So I submitted my resume and pointed out the errors....

    Strangely enough, I didn't get the job.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you get bored, you can always embrace yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stupidville?!What the hell!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't cope with this. It was bad enough when we were proof reading an annual report. I became renowned as a bad-tempered perfectionist. Not a bad description really.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post. Lol Keep collecting them. Someday they will make a great little book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just happened to pop out your recording of Fourplay. Larry Carlton has been a favorite of mine since the Crusaders, and Steely Dan. I once got to see him standing on-stage, in the wings. Phenomenal musician.

    ReplyDelete
  9. people just need to proofread! and it doesn't take that long to do. they need to think "does this make sense?" It irks me with the company I work with now that phoenetic spelling is okay for doctor names; I try to always get the correct spelling but sometimes it is hard to find them

    I think sometimes people are so worried about production production production they forget quality quality quality

    betty

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!