Today In The World of Transcription and Beyond...


Monday again, already?? Since starting this new Quality Control phase of my job instead of typing, I am never amazed by the lack of serious grammar, basic sentence structure, and/or punctuation skills, and the real skill...you know, the ability to follow directions!!!
Image result for must be monday myspace

if I told those MTs once, I told them a blue-billion times...to put this information in this box in this particular...quotations go outside the punctuation...oh I give up! and how many times must I go to pull up a doctor's patient roster list for a particular date only to find there is no roster for that doctor on that particular day, or that all too wonderful error that says "This file is not a recognizable format." What? Damnit. Same rerun, different day. I ask you Blogdom, how am I to do my job properly as to verify names and/or medical record numbers, or to even insure that is the correct date, much less the type of report, procedure, followup, clinic note, etc...if somebody else doesn't do their job?...ugh! if I were in charge heads would roll...if you can't do your job, there's the door, and by the way, you are way past your 3rd strike whoever you are.

Yep, today I woke up with a headache from hell, blinked at the screen half asleep, eyes squinted, wanting to scream, noooooooo! and the thought occurred to me to just call in dead...wouldn't that be the perfect day to call in dead? Mondays? especially in my line of work.  When I sign off the frequency, more than likely it will be on one of my 'off' days, that'll piss me off, as it should be on a Monday!

In my muddled state today, I hear a urology doctor dictates what sounds like, and the MT types, "He has been out of the steam baths and taking Fertile One.   I can't laugh at that one, cause I found myself a little stumped frankly...as there is such a thing as a bother score on a rectal exam too...so I am thinking ...what is this? uh...for one thing, the sentence structure does not even make sense, and I don't think that is what he is saying here, however, I am not sure I know what he wants or slurred in here, but I sure as heck ain't leavin' my initials or sending a report back to this doctor with steam baths typed anywhere in it, so I leave a blank for it!

Interestingly though, I do learn quite a bit.  For example, like today.  Doctor dictated that most men who suffer from erectile dysfunction difficulties could have undiagnosed cardiac disease, as this can be a early sign of heart problems.  Of course, that is merely perhaps only one cause, as this can certainly be multifactorial.  However, it has also come to my attention that even penises who can't get erect on their own accord due to whatever cause has interfered with its ability to stand up and demand attention...it can be given an injection with good results! and if oral medications are not treating the erectile dysfunction properly then the patient can do injections or try a pump? sometimes this stuff conjures up weird imagery as I listen to these doctors.  Yes, today an erection occurred right before my very eyes! Well, not exactly...

and the doctor did warn the patient if his erection should last for more than 3 hours? (I am not kidding) that he should come back immediately to get that resolved, and/or have his injectable dosage decreased. Can't you just imagine that scenario when the patient leaves his office and gets home? "Honey, I'm home...I brought you a gift..." a 3-hour woody? She might not be so thrilled! Are you sure that's a good idea, really? esp. for older men coz I'm thinking if erectile dysfunction is a precursor for heart problems, then giving them an aerobic workout...well, you see my point.

Yes, Urology takes penises and twats into serious consideration, as they should, and are totally a matter-of-fact about it. I have learned far more than I needed to know.

While out cruising around Blogger, and upon visiting Madame, I had to burst out laffing and still am.  She is one of the joys here at Blogger...as are most of you whom I have connected with, so skedattle on over and enjoy her post by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. Well, thanks for sharing all that wonderful knowledge about stiff penises! My world is so much better for that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!