The Red Shoes ...

PhotobucketThis picture reminds me so much of my little Bobbi as she had a pair of little red shoes when she started kindergarten. She loved those shoes. I remember her first day of kindergarten, and my how the years pass, as Wednesday she will be starting her junior year in high school, and with no red shoes! A phone call to see if she was up and getting ready to go to the mall to have her eyebrows waxed and maybe get her hair trimmed at a little after noon, revealed she was in the bed?

Good grief! She is going to have to adjust her sleeping schedules to get back into the rhythm of school. After another phone call an hour later, she is a bit grouchy and has a little attitude, so I simply say, call me back if and when you change your attitude and maybe I'll be here to take you and maybe not. I told her that life does not totally revolve just around her and that I had errands to run myself, and tomorrow would not be good for me as I had other plans after work. One of which is to get those labs done at the local hospital.

Well that's all it took. Within the next little bit she called back to apologize and it was nearly another hour (and another phone call by me) before she was actually "ready" to go. I told her all she needed to do was pull her hair up in a pony tail and put some clean clothes on and go! What could be so hard about that? and why does it have to take two hours?

The drive out was there was nice, gasing up the car was a little pricey, but the day was much less humid just absolutely gorgeous weather here; a 5-star weather day. Needless to say by the time I picked her up she was in much better spirits and 51 bucks later, I now have refurbished all my hair supplies and she has no stray hairs in her eyebrows! We are both happy! Sometimes I wished she would slow down the growing up process. I think I'll go pull out some of her pictures, or better yet a few videos, of when she was little and so cute and with much less attitude!

actually she had a few pairs of red shoes! however, when she was so little and would step on my toes, and now she steps on my heart sometimes at 16, almost 17. Wow, I can't believe she has grown up so fast. It makes me feel really old, too.


and here she is ...*drumroll* Miss Sassy Ass! (picture taken summer 2009)


2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how a few years of age makes little snots out of little angels? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it is! they become really bratty and spoiled!

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!