It's Time For An Update Here ...

In the last few weeks, my son-in-law has gotten a job, my daughter has straightened up nicely after giving up those Klonopin to help with "nerves" and seems back to her old self. Thank goodness, I was really getting worried.

Sometimes I am a little more dramatic than I need to be I guess, or just more sensitive here lately. My daughter was interested in taking EMT classes, but when they found out she had a felony for some bad checks, they denied her the opportunity to take classes to become an EMT. While she is not a criminal per se and that charge was reduced (or so I thought), it still shows up on her record which I didn't know. You see, if it weren't for me, that charge would not have been on there.

Back a few years ago, before she got pregnant (let's see little Bella is 6) so it was I guess closer to 7 1/2 years ago, she was in an abusive relationship, and spiraling downward with the wrong people, stealing, pawning stuff, God only knows. She came into my apartment one day by telling my landlord a big story, stole my checks, and along with some other girl wrote and cashed them, and had themselves a big dope party I guess. Anyway my bank balance went from 1000 bucks to zero. I was livid at that point, and I filed charges wanting to teach her a lesson, but more importantly to slow her down to keep her from killing herself. My boyfriend at the time, whom she lived with and I later married, was worried sick as she stayed wherever we never knew if we were going to get THAT phone call telling us that well ... that never happened, but it was hell for a year seemed like, taking its toll more on him ... on her ... on all of us...

Anyway, I was told by authorities that this was happening to the parents of adult children in this area, and that there so many just smacked their hands instead of having them arrested and perhaps waking them up to the cold reality that they would face if they kept on with this type of behavior, so I opted to teach her a lesson and throw her butt in jail. I was told this was the right thing to do, and even though I hated to do it, I feel compelled to at least try to save her. It was the worst Mother's Day ever the day they came to pick her up. My heart was broken but I would have rather seen her in jail drying out and hopefully slowing her down and giving her time to come off the IV drug she was using. It worked she came out clean, and not too much after that time she was found to be pregnant with my first granddaughter and she stayed drug-free. I hoped and prayed that little Isabella would be normal and she was. She is exceptionally bright too, but I wonder in what way perhaps not yet seen that drugs might play a part.

However, I guess in court, my perception of what was supposed to happen didn't and it still shows up on her record causing her to look like a felon. I thought that if they amended it down it would not show as a felony record, so now I feel so guilty and I'm distraught over perhaps destroying the chance for her to have any kind of future. All because I was stupid and didn't understand fully what was happening at the time.

***another update***

My friend has a friend who works at the courthouse, and she told me that if there was nothing on her record for five years that this could be expunged, which means removed like it never happened ever. I was relieved, and will certainly look into having that done at this point.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, babe! Glad to hear things are better--I got this at my blog, so I'm forwarding it to you: (JUST KEEP READING!!!)

    COURT ORDER!!!

    You are accused of crawling into my HEART
    And hijacking my SMILES with your KINDNESS.

    HOW DO YOU PLEAD?

    GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    YOU are sentenced to blogship for life.
    No bail. :)

    As a community service and in the name of blogship,
    you could send this along to your friends ...
    No penalty either way,
    But if you get 10 back, you must be a keeper!

    I already think you are!

    Betcha knew that already though! Have a great day! Love & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, thanks Fairweather. Good news is that the charge was supposed to NOT be on her record so she was able to take the EMT classes after all and we were all ecstatic! YAY! My youngest is back in school and my granddaughter starts first grade this year! Wow, am I feeling old.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!