Thursday, August 21, 2008

At 7:15 ish Bobbi asked me about her cat, and if Sandy had called me. I said no but assured her that we would get her cat. I told her that perhaps she could call her uncle to ask him, which she did, however in the course of a few seconds she was upset. She handed the phone to me, and I addressed my concerns to Dick that I had left Sandy two voices messages and had even talked to her daughter yesterday, and I had also left a message for Sandy to call me this evening. I knew that Dick had provided Sandy with a cellphone and I told him I was just concerned that perhaps Sandy might be sick? expressing my concern as to why she did not return my phone messages, and that this was upsetting to Bobbi. I relayed the message to him to have Sandy call me to work out an arrangement to get the cat.

Dick calls her back while we are sitting at SuperAmerica and she answers him on her cellphone. I can tell by the conversation, which seemed to include more than about the cat, that Bobbi was upset, and when we get back home, she said that Dick called her Dad. I do not know the extent of their conversation. In my opinion, I think this was inappropriate of Dick to do instead of talking directly to me, or just relaying a simple message to Sandy to contact me.

I am always polite to Dick but he seems “fake” to me. As a matter of fact, when asked about people she trusts in counseling today, his name was not mentioned. He relayed to me in that conversation tonight that he had talked to people “up here” all day long; people he hadn’t talked to in years? It almost seemed he was insinuating something … I know her Dad is hating the fact that he doesn’t have control and perhaps he is scheming with his brother to fight for custody of Bobbi Jo. He seemed nervous and uncomfortable talking to me, even with my concerns over Bobbi. I feel in my gut something is wrong there, but I cannot put my finger on it.

When I took “Uncle Dick’s” cellphone away from Bobbi, I left it with my friend Susan, who works for the school system. That next day I saw a totally different kid. She was pleasant all day, we had a good day. My friend, who doesn’t know much about cellphones said Bobbi’s phone went off all hours of the night and day. I told her to look through it just a little since Bobbi seemed to be hiding stuff from me and acting out still, perhaps just stress, but you never know as a parent. I told Susie to write down anything concerning, and some of that included text messages from Dick.

18th at 7:30 a.m. “Reporting Uncle … phone name and address need for her medical emergency … “They will be there 8/23 …”

18th at 10:56 a.m. “I am afraid your mom will take your phone to cut off all contact with all of us. Write numbers down. I know her…” (4 minutes later) … his reply to something Bobbi said was … “Good" … "She wants back in the picture and there ain’t no room…”

I have always been up front with Dick, and even expressed to both him and to Sandy that should her aggressive verbal and physical behaviors not improve and I felt it appropriate to reduce her stress which I feel might be the cause, that I would take her cellphone. I had a conversation with him over this a few days back and I remember him saying Bobbi was his contact due to his health condition, and I stated to him that she did not need to be concerned about his health status, that she had other pressing issues that needed addressed, namely school, and that I was trying to parent, then he laughed hysterically, said he had just witnessed somebody fall down? I thought this very odd behavior and a little unnerving. To me these text messages were inappropriate behavior since she was in my home at the time this texting took place, and shows me that he is not on the level with me. This makes me very uneasy about him, or his possible motives as I received that text message on my land-line last just night from his cellphone number which said, “the money will be there tomorrow.”

My concerns are that of Bobbi’s safety and welfare, and as her mother I want contact stopped with him since his brother is the subject of investigation. Bobbi has even expressed to me that she thinks Dick is "mental." I have noticed over the last few days that her and I will have conversations and she will just forget details. I am really worried about her, but hopefully love will prevail here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!