"How do I deal with being the daughter of a rapist?"

I was told by my daughter's Social Worker today that my daughter's father was arrested. The charges involve rape and sodomy of a child age 12 or less, and more charges are pending. Bastard!!!! If he did something to my baby, I'll kill him myself.

In order to spare her from hearing this at school or being text messaged inadvertently I decided to pick her up after school and tell her myself. I saw it on the 5 o'clock news today online, so did my friends. Bobbi Jo did not see it. I don't ever want her to see that if I can help it. How terribly sad for her, and for all of us really to have to live with this stigma. How dare him. It sickens me to my very core.

Her first reaction was one of anger, tears, wanting to know what exactly he was charged with, wanting to know which jail he was in, what would happen to the dog and even her hamster. I told her that surely there was someone taking care of that, probably Sandy, his newly divorced ex. She told me she knew he did it and he would go to prison and she would not have a Dad. It broke my heart.

This was my day. I haven't worked a full 8 hour day since Bobbi arrived here. She has needed my full attention. Next week it's lawyer details, trying to make sure Bobbi has some sort of future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!