Mother's Day


I promised Mother's Day pics. Here is my daughter and granddaughter...acting goofy for the camera.

Many of you know the plight of this family for some time.  My daughter has struggled with drug addiction, bad marriage, losing custody of her own children, putting up with an addicted husband/codependency, however finally has come to see the light of day.

She is working hard to earn back self-respect, earning trust from family, and more importantly trying to mend relationships in her life.  Lets hope her efforts continue for the sake of her children.  Her hubby is where he needs to stay, in jail, and Rae is stronger everyday.

She is looking actively for a job, and a place to live, and is currently staying at the local shelter, hanging out with me during the days.  She has never felt the need to be alone, sometimes to the point of being around less than desirable humans (especially that husband of hers) and prefers to be in the company of someone.  She just doesn't like to be alone, or feel alone.

I can honestly say I have hope for her. I haven't seen her this well in a long time.  There is always hope.  As long as we breathe its all about hope and family.

7 comments:

  1. She's on a path that is far from easy and there will be bumps in the road. Keeping my fingers crossed for your family that her bumps will be small and she'll be able to pick herself up and continue on the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice looking family there...keep up the good work.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this just makes my day...I am so happy for all of you...I pray for her continued healing and recovery. Blessing to each one of you! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to read that your daughter has started on the path to recovery....it is not going to be easy, so hang onto that hope ...AND faith! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Bella! You needed some sunshine in your life and it looks like you got it. Ain't grandkids great?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bella:

    Just keep loving her and giving her all the emotional support she needs at this critical time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a long road you have been on. God I pray this works out for your Daughter. It will be as important to her as it is to your Granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!