well, doodie, another day, another fixin'....

okay, so I call Microsoft yesterday evening.  I would recommend them, as they will work until they get 'er fixed.  This morning, I get an email from Microsoft Corporation about my computer dilemma.

My contact's name is Vishwa Singh with Microsoft Windows Technical Support.   He defined the problem as...

Problem Description:
Malware/ Virus Infection

and tried some troubleshooting...
  1. Tried starting Microsoft Antimalware Service.
  2. Tried Running Fixit.
  3. Tried Running third party virus scanner i.e. TDSKiller

Notice the word, tried...He could not fix it.  (actually I tried telling him I had already tried myself...)

So, we have to call the big poopers in on this one...LOL...

Yes, tomorrow we have another date between 4 and 5 p.m.


Hope everybody is having a good weekend.  See yuns.

2 comments:

  1. My neighbor had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago -- she's REALLY computer illiterate and thought it was her Verizon wireless thing but it was actually some kind of vicious virus that took a DAY to get rid of!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We acquired a malware virus or whatever that mimicked security alerts. It was one of the worst I've ever seen and plagued us for a day until a friend brought over a couple of programs to run. Not sure which one collared the thing but I know malwarebytes was one of the recommended programs.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!