After the last week, and nearly two, I am beginning to think that anything crappy that can happen, will happen. What now you ask? Lemme tell yuns.
First off, Yours Truly takes little Queenie and herself to get a haircut Thursday evening, only to come back, check in to see whats going on with work stuff since I have somebody on evenings to help manage, and to my surprise, there was an Antimalware thing on my computer? Really? Where did you come from? I can't even go off and leave this puter unattended and some damn virus pops up? Who was on here, and where did they click? shit, damn, fruckkkkk!!!!!!!...yeah. My 19 year old ducks out of the house real quick, says she didn't do it, an automatic "I was on there, and it just popped up..." Yeah? If looks could kill...
Okay, I try to uninstall it? Who installed it? Who the heck knows, its a big fat virus pretty much. I cannot delete it no matter what I do, until I attack it with my malwarebytes. It deletes a bunch of Trojans obviously attacking my computer. After running a quick scan, I do a full scan, and it finds nothing. Okay, great, I'm up ready to start my workday, and I notice my Microsoft Security Essentials scan did not run, so I try to run that, to no available, its not accessible; neither is my other programs...holey shiz, mother of Jeebeezussss!
I realize that without IT looking at my computer to figure out what they can do, its fruitless, so I have to go into the office, because there are 8 or 9 people who are depending on me everyday as management, also I am in charge of production, so I have to be available. I don't have time to sit here and work on my HP all day long, even still try to figure out what I can do as I am not a computer expert, however not exactly clueless either. If that isn't bad enough, when I get to the office, I don't have a puter there, so I have to use my boss' computer. Then I can't access my email, have to use web email for work, and when IT is free in the mid morning, I rush home, let them on my home puter, and I was told that there is a "big" problem. Even when we deleted programs, and tried to install them again, we still could not access them. Yeah.
So its back to the office to drag a computer back home. Only to realize, its a piece of shit Gateway...not my baby, HP, and sin was never this slow. Well, it worked for a little bit, I run to pick up Bella from the Y, and come back and its not working again. What in the world? It takes me another hour and a half, a phone call, and talk about a day's frustration...yeah...
I've had my quota this week and last. I wonder if its safe for me to really even go outside, much less cross the street!!!!!
And how has your week been?

Sounds like your computer is ready to take into the shop. Better get a professional on it.
ReplyDeleteBella, As you know I don't hawk things generally unless they are exceptional...I have had my new laptop for 2 years now and nary a virus, worn, trojan, or anything else has gotten in....
ReplyDeleteDue to Norton 360 I truly believe....The new version 5 is fantastic and does not hog your computer.
But if you are not into purchasing...try the new AVG Antivirus...(freeware)....for freeware it also is fantastic and will catch most of the crawley bugs.....
Possibly, since it is a work computer, you should inform the 19 year old that it's no longer available to her unless you are sitting right there watching where she goes? Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteSherry,
ReplyDeleteI have put a new password on this computer; they can't even log onto it, much less navigate anywhere! ha! that'll teach 'em.