the Toilet Bowl blues...

after feeling crappy with the aftermath of the weekend..

and the crazy madness out of my 19 year old,

did I happen to mention that Fuzzy, our Maine Coon, got out the door when the 'boys' from the all-nighter left finally Saturday morning? ... and he's still missing.  I've been worried sick.  He has been declawed, he's old...and at this point, I miss him more than the 19 year old...at least I'm getting a reprieve from the crazy. 

If that isn't enough, yesterday evening I go upstairs, and I find water all over the floor...OhMyGawd.  On closer inspection around the throne, water is spewing finely from that attachment at the base of the tank, and who in the hell can turn that valve off? I'm trying, I'm trying to turn that dang knob, its hard, and its spewing pretty good...LOL

In my panic-stricken mode after prying ruthlessly to turn the son-of-a gun valve off, I called the gardener, who got back in town in the nick of time; so here he comes in his flannel checked underwear pant PJs, bringing tools to turn off that dang valve after I nearly tore my hand up.  So at 10 o'clock he leaves last night, turns off the valve, so I think all is well, father in law will come look at it tomorrow, so I try to get some rest after my shower.

Next thing I know, I hear two cats fighting outside at 3 a.m., I spring from my bed to see about the clatter,  fly open the front door and beckon for him, but he is nowhere in sight, does not answer me.  Perhaps that was not him fighting with another cat.  How could he? He has no claws.  Slowly I turn to the sound of water dripping in the livingroom as there is total silence.  Snap it hits me like a ton of bricks! Noooooooo!

I run upstairs and see that the damn bathroom floor is flooded, and now its coming through the ceiling in the living room below it?  oh GAWD!!!!! Yes, I had 2-3 inches of water in the bathroom floor, what a frickin' mess at 3 a.m., here I am sopping up water, missing the cat, thinking what in the hell?  Is there a moon rising I don't know about? a curse of some kind? ugh...After I clean up the mess, I empty the plastic bowl I had used to catch the 'drip' and re-insert it under the leak thinking it'll hold till I get up? yeah right...after all how much does a toilet bowl hold...too damn much.  

Yeah...so much for the gardener's brilliance at fixing plumbing.  He says he thinks its the valve, it wasn't. 

$94 bucks later, in 5 minutes, the plumber replaced the line from the tank to the valve line, and all is well is Urbappalachia.

Yep, the last few days have been a total flush!

9 comments:

  1. Hello from the Tabster......How you doing ????????
    not a member here but you can reach me at dben002@gmail.com.....

    Sad to see the stream closing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Don, good to see you! I'm okay, hanging in there, you? and the wife? how are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems I am registered here ?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that was a bad day, huh? I hope you dry out ok and I really hope you find your kitty! :( I'm sure he's just hanging out somewhere watching the ladies. Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bella:

    I have learned that anytime you have a leak, call a PLUMBER right away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoulda flushed the toilet to empty the tank after the gardener closed the valve. Oh well... couldn't get there in time to help from Baja Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you find your kitty. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those that let the kittycat out must meet a swift and painful death.

    But on the bright side...at least the toilet wasn't..um, "full" when it overflowed...that would have made for a very crappy morning! [and BryM makes a hasty exit just as the baseball bat comes flying towards his head]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bella, Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I've missed you. :)

    Sorry to hear about the plumbing troubles. One of the worst things about having a house!!

    Did kitty come back yet?

    Hope all is getting better.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!