Some of you might know this, others might not. I am going to try to show you how to post a link.
When posting a link to another site, make sure you are using your Compose tab (not the Edit HTML tab), and then click on the Link in your editor..
You get this box that comes up...
The 'text to display' should be the word/or words "click here" or "here" or whatever word you want to use to perhaps even describe the link.
Text to display:
To what URL should this link go? **This is where you actually paste the http in from your browser.Not sure what to put in the box? First, find the page on the web that you want to link to. (A search engine might be useful.) Then, copy the web address from the box in your browser's address bar, and paste it into the box above.
Now, let me post a few links...Friday Night Video at Skinny's Pad
Another Music Video by Notacynic
I may head over to The Lounge and listen again to Eric and Cray playing 'Old Love' ...explore the tabs.
Hope everybody has a great Friday night.
Another Music Video by Notacynic
I may head over to The Lounge and listen again to Eric and Cray playing 'Old Love' ...explore the tabs.
Hope everybody has a great Friday night.
I am sure that was directed at me personally...well for your information someone took my "compose tab" as it is apparently missing cause I can't find it. I have look everywhere, under the bed, in the closet, trash can, behind the book shelf and nada, zippo, nothing that even resembles a "compose" tab lying around. Can you get one at Staples or Best Buy or from Ebay ?????
ReplyDeleteYou probably took mine just for spite..........
Well, that's ok......I can continue to do it the hard way.........
@TAB
ReplyDeleteof course that was not directed to any one personally; I just noticed a few bloggers are having issues with embedding and/or links, so I thought I'd try to help. You won't get a Compose tab in your comment section, but you can do a link in the comments (first you have to do it in your editor/post and copy into your comment section.
If you do not have a Compose tab when you get ready to make a post, then you will need to go under your settings till you see this...down towards the bottom of the page to the heading...
Select post editor
make sure that this one is checked...
Updated editor (Recommended) - Check out the latest features!
here be what it say
ReplyDeleteSelect post editor Updated editor (Recommended) - Check out the latest features!
Old editor
Hide compose mode - Select only if you typically do HTML editing instead of WYSIWYG text editing.
the updated editor is chosen but I don't have a compose tab when leaving a comment on another blog post....???????????????
OK I get it...you want me to reply to comments on other blogs by creating a new post on my blog using the editor and then copy the remarks on the other blog in the comments section, then go back and erase my editor comments so they will not show as a new post on my blog
ReplyDeleteDamn Rodney that's too much.
Link 101: What Every Girl Should Know
ReplyDeletethat did not work
ReplyDelete@TAB
ReplyDeletehey Tab, were you in "special" classes?
@TAB
ReplyDeleteonly for a link if you wanted to put it in the comment section; you would need to make it in your editor and then copy and paste into your comments, that's all.
I just did that above...it did not copy as a link
ReplyDeleteBella:
ReplyDeleteIt worked! Thanks. Your directions were so clear that even a four-year-old child could follow them. As Groucho Marx used to say, "Why a four-year-old child could understand this report. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it."
Fortunately, I didn't need the four-year-old child this time. :^}
Now, can you explain to me how to post a video in the comments section?
Do what....when I look at your post my comment is NOT a link.......repeat ....NOT a link......why do you see something I don't.......
ReplyDeleteas far as your question goes...can't you do the same thing with a vid as a link ???????
@TAB
ReplyDeleteokay Tab,
See this link?
Tab's Floral Shop
@TAB
ReplyDeleteokay Tab, to post a link in a comment section; first you will need to act like you are making a normal blog post; use the Compose tab, (use the directions to make a link) and put the link in, and then change it back to the HTML tab (not Compose), copy or cut, and paste in the comment section.
Try that.
@Whit's Whittlings2
ReplyDeletehey Whit, thanks! As far as a video, I don't think they have Blogger designed to let us do that. I'll try it and see what I can come up with.
ok....now the true story emerges....do it one way, then change it..then change it back ..... those little details were omitted above....DUH.....SPEAKING OF GOING TO "SPECIAL" SCHOOL.......YOU MAY ENJOY THIS SITE
ReplyDeleteAfter exhaustive and extensive google research this is the best I can come up with
ReplyDeleteto post video in comments section
After reading through all the comments, I wonder if your new title will be "Cat Herder"....
ReplyDelete@Skinny
ReplyDeletecat herder? LOL
@TAB
ReplyDeleteIrish dancing monkeys...hahaha...I bet they work cheap!