Hello there.
Today, I was having to work double-duty to cover for another supervisor on her accounts and manage her people with workload as well. No major catastrophes, but the day kind of ended up with me having to be on here till 7 or after. Since I was on here at 7 a.m., that makes for a rather long day. At 4:30ish, I'm getting ready to log off, Operations decides that they are having a crisis and needs an MT to type documents for this doctor because he is wanting his files back. The account belongs to India in-house team, but they're in bed asleep, right? Its the dead of the night over there. About the same time Operations hit me up, the customer service Rep was hitting me up asking if I knew of a couple of MTs that could type up these documents, obviously late. and the doctor was bitchin'.
First off, I am not in charge of the MT's (medical transcriptionists); I am in charge of FQA but that girl was out due to pregnancy; in fact she was going to hospital today to be checked and for possible admission. Does anybody know what the plan is when the right hand woman is gone? No...
I found two willing MTs, however unfamiliar with the accounts, so I pulled them typed samples out of Scribe, and helped them as best I could. I told them to upload the documents to us (the FQA team). One of the MTs was having a hard time with pediatric 'terminology' to include major medical terms. He also talks a little fast to me. I had FQA proof them, and I think the last file was uploaded at 5 p.m. sharp! hahaha, talk about a deadline. There were no blanks left in these documents. This was for a doctor's office in California. We are good, yes we are!
I felt bad for the customer service Rep, even though my immediate supervisor told me I should not have gotten involved; its hard not to get involved when two people are asking you to help. I called another supervisor for direction because somebody has to be in charge of the one whose out having a baby right? Well you would think so...I told my immediate supervisor that I would not do this again...! Operations only got involved too, both of us trying to help with the situation due to the supervisor of the MTs being out. Somebody had better put some protocol in place on issues like this, because I refuse to overextend myself again, especially if the doctor complains about the files! Lets hope they were to his satisfaction. We'll know for sure tomorrow.
and tomorrow ... the same chicka is off again, so I will be performing slave duty for her on top of my usual and customary responsibilities. We always get slammed on Thursdays and Fridays...Maybe I'll call in sick tomorrow and wouldn't my immediate supervisor love that? yeah baby, yeah...Vacation bells are ringing!

Short-staffing. Hmmm. Has a familiar ring to it. Hope you have managed to work through and out the other side.
ReplyDeleteYeah...and did you call in sick ??? No...Why not ?? Read your post again...you said you were going to call in sick.....and relax...and take some time for yourself.......Hell..it's the American Way....participate.....be American...call in sick.....you'll just end up spending all that money your making on junk you don't need or want...and that's shameful....or a better idea would be to send that money to the TAB Bahama Condo Retirement Fund in care of yours truly....thanks, I'll be watching the mail for your check........
ReplyDeleteBella:
ReplyDeleteNever a dull moment at your workplace. :^)
@TAB
ReplyDeleteTab, yeah...and you shit if you eat regular is all I can say to that spill! hahaha!
@Whit's Whittlings2
ReplyDeleteYep, but its all good, Whit, a gals' gotta vent or blow!
@Mister Ornery
ReplyDeleteI did work through it actually its almost 5 p.m. and I'm out of the work scene. I told myself that I would not take on more than I could chew too late in the day!