Don't be fooled...

by that pout! 

You can't leave her and/or her brother alone for a moment because they're into mischief...here's the latest...

First off, let me tellyuns, I have a lot of antiques in my house.  My bedside tables are from the 40s, kidney shaped with blue glass tops...and my bedside lamp is amethyst glass (looks black but its not) and the veined green shade unique, one of a kind.  My two livingroom lamps are ivory colored star-scalloped glass, even the base is shaped like the lamps, and finding lampshades proved to be an expensive venture.  Can you believe the price of lampshades? and this was back 3 years ago.

The only thing I came across in this horse town was to custom order lampshades, with scalloped edges which accentuated the shape the lamps, 16 inches in height to accommodate the base size, both shades white.  Today I happen to notice that my custom lampshades were decorated with ink pen! *Gasp*

OhMyFrickin' Gawd!!!! You are kidding me?

BellaRose was sitting on the couch and I guess from my discovery and shocked jaw open look that she immediately knew her butt was in some major trouble when I said, "How long did you think it would take me to notice this Missy?" I am never one to sit in there and lounge as a usual thing, but I was appalled to find not one, but both my lampshades decorated in ink, and one of lamps with red ink scratches on it.  OMG...butts are gonna burn over this!

At first she said, Wyatt did it.  I figured as much, I know his scribbling; however I informed her that Wyatt could not make letters or spell entire words!...yes, they marked on EVERY pane of these scalloped lampshades.  Ohh...I was so pissed off...a $100 bucks would not replace these shades...and what on God's earth is going to take ink off that material??  I am going to try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and see what happens.  If this doesn't work, somebody is going to replace my lampshades before the kids are allowed to come back to stay overnight.  If I thought I could trust BellaRose to clean them without damaging the material in them, or her mother, I would let the two clean them. 

Its a good think MIL (mother in law) came to pick these two up.  She assumed BellaRose was going to spend the rest of the weekend.  I told her that no, she couldn't come back this weekend because she needs to learn a lesson about respect and property, and at 7 years old, this would give her time to think about it. 

When did this devious act happen? I am always mostly right in birds eye view of them both.  I know how they are.  Both of them were here on Monday and Tuesday evening; that's when BellaRose said they did it.  I had a couple of phone calls, I suppose distracting me.  They both need discipline and house rules because they are used to having none.  I haven't had a problem up until this incident.  According to MIL (mother in law) they throw stuff and get into stuff all the time out there, ruining walls, etc., and obviously they are not being corrected or punished or made to pick things up, as MIL stated she was going to have to make them start...START?...pickin up their messes? ya think? What about their parents? Well, lets not go there shall we? I'm too busy pouting over my lampshades. Damnit...

Nothing is sacred anymore.

2 comments:

  1. My dad had a sure cure for this type thing... a belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom, the disciplinarian of six, had a keen little switch! ooouch, the kind of which you had to go pick yourself, and then she skinned all the leaves off leaving a lasting impressionable sting! Dad was the lenient one.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!