Last night after my little granddaughter's dance recital, we were leaving and walking back to the car. Her little brother, my grandson took off semi-running, there was traffic everywhere, and in my attempt to catch him, he fell, which ultimately resulted in my tripping over him. He wasn't hurt but I sure bit the blacktop, and I've got the skid marks to prove it.
My elbow looks like something out of a horror movie. Of course both kids decided they wanted to spend the night with me. I probably needed medical attention and x-rays, but I managed to drive home. Both of them were sympathetic and wanted to be "mamaw's nursemaid." I peroxided all my wounds, applied ice (which didn't help much), popped a few ibuprofen, and who knows if I can actually move tomorrow...I actually just went to the doctor earlier today for my aching back! Now my back pain has got some company.
Also injured was my left knee (and tore a hole in my favorite pants), my side, and my left wrist and hand, all of which were skinned off during the blacktop skid. Yes I managed to tear skin off my upper left extremity through 2 layers of clothing, not pretty, and it knocked the wind out of me, I hit that hard. Tomorrow I'll go buy me a ClimaCare warmer wraps one for my knee, the other for my elbow, (pictured) as both will act as a discreet therapist, helping to soothe pain with warmth and the softness of fluffy angora wool! ahh....that'll feel good. Other than my pride, I don't think I broke anything but ask me tomorrow.
Say goodnight Gracie.

You poor thing! Hope you get better soon.
ReplyDeleteWell, anything break?
ReplyDeletehi Madame, hi Joe, nothing was broken, but as of 5 days now, I am in varying stages of green, yellowish green, and purple! its quite colorful...
ReplyDeleteOoh, bummer. I'm glad nothing was broken... hope you will be good as new very soon.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear it Bella...hope you're ok....
ReplyDelete