Possessed...in Broad Daylight...

...just when you think it's safe to go out and run a quick errand all hell can break loose!

...and considering my luck lately, with the teen incident and my car, am I really surprised?! I think some powers are at play here.

However bloggers, should I vanish from the blog world forever without a trace, have something nice to say, will yuns? and perhaps send in an investigator?!

So...this morning (way too early) I'm awakened from my slumber by a phone call, it's my little granddaughter, who wants to come and hang out with the fabulous me! However, I had volunteered to work some OT on urology surgical reports today, so I had to do those first, which I did, and it only took 45 minutes, so YAY, I'm done! I had the whole beautiful day, and I had my car! Life couldn't be sweeter on a Saturday, right?

Wrong.

After I sign off all those surgical reports, I put my shoes on and head out to pick up my granddaughter, with intentions to stop by the meat market and pick up a few things, including bacon, which I dearly LOVE, and eggs so I can fix her favorite breakfast! On the way back home after coming down a pretty big hill, I hit my brakes to slow, which did break the speed for that split second and then all of a sudden I realized I had NOTHING!

NO STEERING!! NO BRAKES!! The car was dead in the middle of the road, coming off this hill, and my granddaughter is in the backseat. There is not even time to FREAK!! I'm thinking GOD, don't let me wreck this car, not after I just got it back! and Please! Don't let me hit anybody or the ditch!! As I am coasting off this hill on this two-lane backroad with road-hoggers, with ditch high hell on either burm, I spy Caudill's Market and realize that is my only salvation and chance to get off this road!

PLEASE! I'm thinking don't let me hit that big telephone pole or surprise the folks at Caudill's Market by making a grand entrance, or hit that one car sitting there in the parking lot. I wrestled with this monster manually who was definitely stronger than me. This is a small little parking lot with only about 6 spaces in front of it, and then the actual road; parking places are only a car length long. Luckily the first brake I did down the hill slowed my car down enough I guess, and the stretch of road I had to travel till I actually reached Caudill's gave me the time I needed, or powers greater than me took over. It all happened so fast I didn't even have time to truly react to it, my head was spinning out of control wandering what the hell happened?!

As I approached Caudill's (which was on the right side of the road) and ordinarily a very busy place even though it is a little market/store, there was nobody in sight sitting there at the stop sign to turn right or left out of the road Caudill's sits on, so I had a chance to turn in there. If there had been a car sitting at the stop sign or coming to the stop sign I would have hit them without a doubt while trying to turn in.

I did manage to wrestle the car to a stop, and I marched in and proceeded to call Walter, who in turn called the boys at Scoutline and told them what happened. Funny, I did start the car, to move it from taking up 3 parking places sideways and there was power steering and I think brakes (I can't remember) but I even backed it into a parking place at the Market. I am thinking how can one minute my car be fine, go dead, seem fine as I start the ignition to move it, have power steering, and even back it into a parking place?! I was NOT driving that possessed car home, no matter, not taking a chance on bodily injuring myself or my granddaughter, so my car is still sitting there at the moment.

I am a little shaken but not broken, LOL, thankfully.

5 comments:

  1. Oh crap!I really am sorry for you,you were all happy with your car back!There are periods like that,when everything is wrong,serie noire!My mom is a champion of that sort of things,so I know.I hope those forces will leave you alone.Sorry that your weekend as turned badly,where is that damned french maid now?could have been helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man oh man...when it rains it pours, huh?

    Im saying a little prayer, hoping that it's a "new repair glitch" that can be easily rectified.

    Hang in there....

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I'm so shocked at this little escapade that I'm not sure what to say. A glitch in the repairs or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh God!! I'm glad that you and the granddaughter are ok...you must have been scared senseless!! The whole 3 years that I had Christine the Evil Truck I was petrified to have my nephew Eli ride with me, even a short distance because I was afraid something would happen.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - what a horrible experience! Glad that you and granddaughter are OK!

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!