Well, I think I have solved the mystery of the failing eyesight...Doctor confirmed I am going computer blind! Like I didn't know that already...and of course after 11 years of computer work, my eyes are aging faster than need be! Think I can draw disability for this, folks?! LOL
My ophthamologist's suggestion? Move the dang screen closer?! ha! Mine sat 35 inches away and that used to be great for me (the farther the better!) so I moved in about 4 inches closer, that's good, and I see it fine! Problem solved for now anyway.
OR I could go to the Dollar Store and try on reading glasses at a distance that's feasible and will perhaps take a strain off. Like I can get there, right? I had to bum a ride just to get to the eye doctor. My car is still missing in action!
OR I could get a pair of new glasses for driving/reading and a trifocal for just that inbetween distance?! which would undoubtedly cost me a pretty penny, which I don't have right now in my budget! Budget? You know that process of analyzing what you don't have and seeing yourself going methodically broke! Gloom, Despair and Agony on you!
Dang, who knew this eye stuff could be so complicated? a pair of glasses for driving, one for up close and personal, and for those inbetween spaces...LOL!!
If I were a man...they wouldn't be jerking me around about my car either. Any man out there willing to call this place for me? and give 'em a little hell?
Not to mention, I haven't been around much to visit yuns, I apologize for that. I've just been a little busy with a new music site, and suffering this eye strain. I hope you guys check it out. That way, you won't be subjected to listening to my tunes over here (even though I got good taste, don't I? huh? huh?)
On today's center stage is 'The King'...Who was there yesterday? Guess you'll have to venture over to find out! I plan on having guest authors and a friend of mine will be co-authoring as well. I'd love your feedback!
Let The Music Play On~
and last but not least...
Today, in the world of medical transcription, after a day and half of not working due to eye strain, I was proofing and the doctor days, #1, blah, #2 blach, and #3...Hypertension, controlled for BPH...huh? what? It should have been #4 BPH! ha! I was told that some MT's did not like my proofing style, and complained that I was correcting them on their numbers. This particular client, which I had to in search of absolute directions, and come to find out they use numbers ridiculously stupid. For example, "We will see the patient back in 1 month." Grammatically speaking, to use any number less than 10 in an number form, unless its a medication dosage is just wrong...not to mention it affects readability esp. used in a letter. When you type, "The patient is taking 2 of Flomax..." Could one misconstrue that was 2 mg, or was it two pills? See my point? To me, it is really inappropriate to use numbers this way. It goes against my good grammar grain but I have to grin and bear this one because this is protocol for this client. Did I say I absolutely abhor this?! LOL
Hi all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I use the reading glasses from Walmart to reduce eyestrain. Kind of became necessary to use them to read as I got older. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteBetween the computer and grading studnet papers, my eyes have been onthe downgrade for 10 years. I amke sure I rest them every hour and take my vitamins..
ReplyDeleteOH you'll look real cool . . . three pairs of glasses!
ReplyDeleteI've got some old reading glasses I'll be glad to send ya. Give me a shout at chigg@bellsouth.net if you're interested. I used them for a long time before finally succumbing to prescriptions.
ReplyDeleteCan't help with the car, sorry.
That's strange that he'd have told you to move the monitor closer! But hey..if it works! :-))
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure they've invented the tri-focal yet!
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree with you about numbers... I always say that you write the numbers up to twelve in letters, then you start using numbers after that.
I'm with you about the numbers; that transcription should have caught that though; hypertension controlled for BPH makes no sense.....I think that is the distinction between experienced/not experienced and although I realize we were all once inexperienced, we have to remember the gravity and importance of what we are doing and try to get it right
ReplyDeleteglad you are trying to figure out what is causing the eye strain and working on solutions
betty
I'm confused!It's to say how it was complicated reading the whole eyes story for me!LOL!Hum..we might receive a new delivery of perfect sexy french maids next week so..can you hold on till there?Have a great weekend!;D
ReplyDelete