All stressed out and nobody to choke?! I seriously wanted to choke that darn lawyer Tuesday morning for his lazy, slack-assed job in doing what I had asked him to do, but that is another whole rant right there for perhaps the Queen Mother Bitch Blogship!

Tonight I went back down to check the situation and realized that the valve inside the house was dripping water fairly briskly; you know the one you have to leave on to get water into the house. The more you turned the valve the more the water dripped from around it, even in the totally shut off position. At this point a few explicatives exploded~@!*! Don't you think father-in-law would have noticed it was leaking? good grief, there was quite a puddle building, not to mention adding to my gigantic water bill!
What's a gal to do? Call father-in-law again of course! however I guess I dialed a wrong number and some guy answered, I told him I obviously dialed a wrong number, making some wisecrack about being just a gal in need a plumber with a leaky temper, a nasty wet basement, and he laughed and said that he worked for a plumber! What are the chances of that happenin'! ha!
I said really? Anyway, he proceeded to ask me where it was leaking from and I said it looked to be where the "nut" was, and he told me all I needed to do was tighten up the nut! which I did and no more drip! YAY me!
a quick DYI fix! Ain't I good??
By the way, I did not see any mold anywhere and I know this basement has been wet a few times obviously, sometimes the walls get a little wet even if it rains for days on end. However, it always seems to dry out quickly though with no real problems, which is going to be the case I think this time too!
Now, if was can keep the dam from bursting! Thank you guys for all your wonderful advice, however, but if you can't send a free handyman with unlimited resources what good are yuns!
A Few Days In Purgatory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!