What are the odds that I would dial a wrong number and get a plumber on the other end, just what I needed! Amazing! Yes, I had noticed that the valve controlling the water pressure in the house was leaking, so I was going to contact father-in-law again but I guess fate had other plans. Upon dialing my father-in-law's number, an unfamiliar voice answered, and I thought perhaps it was his son? Realizing that I obviously dialed a wrong number, I made a wisecrack about being just a gal in need of a plumber with a leaky temper, a nasty wet basement, and he laughed and said that he worked for a plumber! What are the chances of that happenin'! ha!
I said really? He asked me to look at it really close and tell him where the leak was, so I did and told him it looked to be where the "nut" was, and he told me all I needed to do was tighten up the nut and there would be no more leak. He was very sweet, even got another phone call on his house phone which he got off quickly in order to follow me to the basement. After I tightened it I had no more drip! Thanks whoever you were, you helped me tremendously. Before hanging up with this mystery plumber, I did ask him when I can afford a real plumber who should I call? Pipebusters? We laughed again, and he gave the name of the business he works for locally here which I immediately recognized. I will definitely call to thank him tomorrow at his work!
Hallelujah for small miracles!
My friend Susie calls and we talk about it. She was amazed! She said I don't know how you do it, but that I was a "strange" magnet ... I guess meaning that weird things, dejavu moments, and unexplained freaky things just happen to me, which I have to say most of the time turn out to be good. She said that perhaps I should have written his number down, but how can (I told her) when I don't know which number I dialed wrong? We laughed.
Yep, chalk this one up to another unexplained and freaky happening.
That is definitely weird. If I ever dial a wrong number I usually get a crabby old lady who tells me to be more careful dialing the phone in the future.
ReplyDeleteAwww Bella..that's so sweet to think of me with the little smiley thing! :-))
ReplyDelete