Couchless In Kentucky and Couch Racing? Yep, that's what I said!

Yes, as most of you know (or might not know) my plight began very innocently when the gardener in fact (who not only cuts my yard but is always a bargain trash shopper) swapped me out a couch, telling me that "this one was better" in fact than the one I had, and he was going to give my couch to his niece for her two boys to romp on. What I didn't realize (since I didn't actually see it as I was upstairs in the shower or something) was that this couch was downright hideous! LOL ... so much for HIS taste, OMG!!! and even worse, after I called him to bitch (he was awaiting his flight at the time out of town for the winter months) he told me it had been out on their front porch and obviously with good reason! I wanted my couch back at that point but it was too late. Go figure. There was nothing wrong with my first couch other than having to prop it up on brick stilts ... as it was made for a midget family?

Don't ask...

Nothing like having this hideous brown floral ick of a couch inside the house for nearly two hours and nervously watching King Fuzzy, our adult male Maine coon cat, giving it an official sniff test! He was not impressed and neither was I, it just stunk frankly! OMGosh I dragged that bad boy out the door quicker than a lightning bolt and threw it out in the rain cursing ever so lightly under my breath! Good thing my teens' boyfriend happen to come over; we packed it to the alley and it vanished!

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

For months now due to the addition of teen daughter living here, I have been so flat broke and finances tight with legal issues, that buying a new couch was just out the question. I had been going into secondhand furniture stores without any luck until two days ago! Friday 13th as a matter of fact, a lucky day for Yours Truly! $40 bucks later and a phone call and it now sits in my livingroom! Granny must have had it, no broken springs, no rips or tears anywhere, good brand name, it just looks a little yellow like it has just sit for years I suppose in a parlor or something. Hopefully that will clean up, or I'll buy a throw to fit it. The most important thing is that it passed Fuzzy's sniff test, and it ain't flowered! LOL

Yep, we can once again sit on the couch and enjoy the livingroom again, but neither of us has yet to do so!

Are you ready for this? Let the Redneck Games begin!

I want to introduce yuns to a new sport. I bet ya'll have never heard of couch racing, have ya? Perhaps some of yuns has done this? That's probably where my couch went, swooped up from the alley, and off to the races! 
 

First you line 'em up! (Is that wheels on 'dem there couches?)

Photobucket

Figure out whose butt weighs less? some taunts throw around, and decide whose ridin' and whose pushin'!

Photobucket

and they're off, by golly! 
Can't you just hear the announcer? and now in the lead is the brown velour three cushion setee pushed by little Ms. Dixie, with Pernell suckin' hind tit after gettin' caught up in a mud puddle! 
 
Yes, folks, it's gonna be a fight to the finish!

Photobucket

I don't think grandma Dix should be pushin' do yuns? What's wrong with that good ole boy a standing there? He looks like a healthy lot, no good for nothin'...


 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you did luck out! I definitely understand finances and I am glad things worked out for you. We could use a new couch ourselves but are in the same boat, and there aren't any second-hand furniture stores nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'd have to say I did luck out and for $40 you can't beat it! We've been couchless since before Christmas, so it's about time!

    thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!