Bobbi had a meltdown, would not get out of the car, called Social Worker. Kim was here. Asked Bobbi some questions. Was talking home bound at this point as I could not get her to go to Paul Blazer. She felt threatened with detention and although she was not really defiant, she was just having too much anxiety about Blazer. I took her in to see my doctor at 4:15 as a work-in, and she was making a recommendation to a doctor in Huntington for Bobbi. Doctor said she did not feel comfortable with meds at this point, as most antidepressants were black-boxed, meaning that they were not safe and potentially could cause suicide. She agreed to homebound, but only for a few weeks. After arriving home, Bobbi and I discussed the pros and cons of staying homebound; she said she really missed her friends and wanted to go back to Boyd County. I told her that indeed if she wanted the support of friends with homebound she would miss the interaction, so we decided to put her back in Boyd County Schools, and were there bright and early Monday morning ready to go. I wanted her to do this Friday, but she refused.
Friday morning I had a consultation at a lawyer's office in Catlettsburg, which my friend Susie accompanied me on, as I could not afford the 800 bucks Rhonda wanted, and I have to go back Monday to Shields. I had called Boyd County earlier and inquired about getting her back in, and had to talk to Rick Griffith and talk to the Registar, Ms. Virgin. I went to Paul Blazer in the afternoon to withdraw her, and I no sooner get back then two ladies come to talk to me about Bobbi's absences. I didn't know they needed actual written excuses with all the stress I figured a phone call was enough. Anyway, in the mail came a truancy thing as well. Gosh I didn't know there was such staunch regulations in place over all this. After these ladies came, I went back to Blazer to talk to the attendance officer, and wrote out personal notes for a few days. I didn't have a doctor's excuse for Friday since my doctor's office closed at noon, and there was a few in there that were unexcused? She was there for a full day Thursday. I was confused. I have the paperwork here and I guess Bobbi failed to give them any written note from her orthopedist and/or her counselor, Carol. This mess has to be cleaned up first thing Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!