A chilling letter looking back dated May 6, 1982

(this was originally a handwritten on lined notebook paper with Be good written down the entire left margin side even around the holes, for a total of 34 times) Can't read it?

It reads ...

Jo,

Hi, How are you doing? As for me I still keep plugging along. Tonight is the first night I have watched a full program on TV since I started school. I have been putting the garden out and just piddling around the house here as you have down there except for going to school. I went to the laundry mat today and dried a couple of loads of clothes, but out side of that and one or two service calls, I have been a homebody.

When I say be good, I don't mean to accuse you of anything, it just means I hope you will as I have had a few bad times in the past as you know. I think that I value your word & honestly more than anybody I have ever dated if that means anything to you. I just have had a bad time in the past with people saying their honest but they are lying through "there" (ok a grammar misspell) teeth and you know I can't stand any lies of any kind whatsoever and I think that you are decent and a kind of person that understands that, and would NOT life to me under any circumstances and would tell me the truth whether it made me mad or whatever. OK JO???? So don't get defensive with me OK???????????????

Don't think I don't want to spend any time with you when me and Don comes down after the lumber because I would like to but there is so much to do in so little time, so don't get made OK??????? When I come home for good, which is around a month or less, we will spend some time together OK?????? I will let you go for now, so be good and no hot dates OK.

Your very good friend, BGO

(I thought it odd that he signed his whole name out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!