The last week or so, actually a little longer, I have been having to type disability reports. I am never amazed at what people try to get a disability for. Of course, I only type the doctor's dictations, so I would have no way of knowing that some people would actually get disability for what they are asking for.To apply for disability, especially in this state, (I don't know about other states), but one has to go not only for a medical evaluation but also for a psychological evaluation. Since our workload has changed somewhat, most of us are fighting for a medical report to type, nobody wants to type those long psychological reports. Most of these doctors cannot pronounce these drugs, nor spell them properly, and it is hilarious to listen to them pronounce and misspell them sometimes like ... does anybody know what this drug is? plum court ... Yep! I swear that is what she said folks~?! I bet you guys even know what this drug is, don't you?
These reports are quite lengthy and there is precise verbage involved which requires more attention than I wish to dedicate really! LOL ... which leaves of course more margin for error, right? I tellya they are downright boring! The content of which can be interesting at times, and also the doctors who dictate them, especially this one female doctor.
It used to be I supervised a group at work and we did this particular client back then when I worked in-house. She was very picky, always complaining, dictating this and then calling back and saying she wanted it changed this way or that, argggh...but I hear she's not so bad anymore, and lo and behold she came up on my transcription list for the day! She was also a bit comical and we often worried that she needed a psychological evaluation herself as she would be yelling in the background sometimes, hateful, and always, always had a television playing.
As I typed her report, I took the usual caution with her, asking if there were any format changes, things or quirks I needed to know, but I was told there was not, so I got the green light. As I was typing her, I became engrossed in the background television show! ...LOL ... obviously it was a story about male who was obese, and a moderator who was telling his life story as a kid, (to which I only got bits and pieces). The moderator's voice was quite animated (sounded like the guy who did the video about the many grammar uses of the word fuck!! you know the one I'm talking about). I couldn't make out if it were some type of learning seminar or lesson and I thought perhaps the dictator's children were watching it at one point. It could have been moral story series, who knows. At one point, he was narrating this part about about how poor Joe's relationship was affected by his obesity, (which is not a funny topic), but the way the narrative was going it was almost comical ... and then I hear the moderator say, "Is there someone out there for everyone?" ... "More on that when we come back..."
It cracked me up!!!
Well, I have to get back to work now, more on this later!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!