Days ridden: 16
Rest Days: 2
Miles traveled so far: 912
Remaining miles: 2,888
Remaining riding days: 44
Hills climbed: too many
So far as I can tell, he left from his starting point in Seattle, traveling by way of Woodinville, Skykomish, Leavenworth/Chelan, Waterville/Douglas, Wilbur/Lincoln, Washington entering the great state of Idaho at Athol/Kootenai, traveling on through Clark Fork/Bonner, and finally into Montana, arriving at Libby/Lincoln/Eureka, Whitefish, Lake McDonald, Flathead, (yep still Montana) and into Rising Sun, Glacier, Valier, Pondera, Choteau, Teton, and into Great Falls, which I think is where he is presently!
He swears up and down that this is God's country, and absolutely breathtaking and picturesque! especially coming down the mountains in Washington State, and into Farragut Lake State Park in Northern Idaho. He says he has over 600 pictures already if not more of the scenery and of landmarks so he can blog the journey for everybody on this trip. It's amazing to me and his knees are still holding out. There are a couple of part-time riders who are only riding a certain trek of it, but several have done this more than once especially the people who host it, and who in fact, do ride it. There is a truck who follows them carrying all their necessary supplies such as air mattresses, tents if needed, and just general supplies they would need.
I think there are 16 riders in all, and they have stayed in churches and at university halls and even a few cabins and tents. On their rest days, when they don't ride they are free to explore the city they are in, get their own hotel room, and just enjoy themselves wherever they are. He said while in Northern Idaho, a bear got into the truck and tore up his computer, a tall tale! I told him he just didn't want to update the trek (which is still private at this point), until he releases it for public viewing, and while this could have been true about the bear in Northern Idaho, it was not! big fibber! LOL ... but it was true that his computer was broken and needed a part which did arrive yesterday and he fixed it. YAY! If he hadn't called Saturday I might have been a little worried that the bear got him too! So far there have been no incidents or accidents for anybody involved, and they are all having a great time! He sounds so happy and I couldn't be happier for him.
Well, he's got 44 days and counting down till he gets to the East Coast! I remember when we were counting down 44 days for the trip to start, seems like yesterday but I'm sure it doesn't to him!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!