I Survived...

 This show is a little unnerving to me, yet I still watch it.  I don't know why really other than knowing people can survive when placed in circumstances beyond their control.  I like to watch it to a point, but then it freaks me out, thinking there are such evil people out there who do such random acts of violence toward others for no reason whatsoever, and to young innocent adolescents.  It defies the mind, doesn't it?

All we have to do is be the wrong place at the wrong time, and it could be a fight for survival.  Sometimes even the sanctuary of one's home doesn't keep evil out.  I guess when one is faced with death they are going to fight tooth and nail to survive, or do whatever they think they need to do in order to survive, even if that means being violated.  Its hard to believe such evil does walk among us.  There is another show I watch about unsolved cases or court cases where the guilty are brought to justice, and it boggles my mind to hear of such heinous crimes.  Yet again there are the shows where people died or were killed in a residence, however haunting the new residents of occupants. 

I remember thinking my brother and I could have been casualties; as I spied two guys acting sneaky with big knives coming over to where we were by the creek sitting on a rock, so I told him we'd better take off, and we did lickity-split!  Then there was the time I was walking nonchalantly up the sidewalk in front of the First Baptist Church, and I heard something behind me, Yes indeedy! It was a yellow Volkswagen actually on the sidewalk with some bearded guy, all I could see was hair and his daunting smile, some freak, probably on some hallucinogen who chased me up to the end of that sidewalk and then he just went on...thank God.  It was funny looking back at the incident; however at 14 it wasn't so funny.  I don't think I took a breath in till I reached the IGA store where my mom/dad worked.  Yep, that was freaky. About as freaky as a few car incidents but never any serious injury. 

I've never had any trauma happen to me like the survivors I've seen on this show; some of which have absolutely been horrific, and God I hope I never have to go through anything like that, or have my children or grandchildren suffer such an act of atrocity.  I did live with evil once, but I survived that...divorce can be a good thing!

At the end, the person says, I survived because...."I refused to die this way or some other revelation..."

Why is it some have to die this way, and others not...Who decides this?  Fate?  I think we are all survivors of some sort or another. Got a few feelings on this or a  story to share?

7 comments:

  1. I avoid watching such shows becuz once I see it, it invades my mind and takes up residency for an unspecified amount of time and ends up causing me anxiety thinking about it! LOL That's the reason I had to quit watching CSI, Criminal Minds and any other shows like that. The shows are 'fictitional' but the ideas for the shows are not. I just pray a lot for protection for me and my loved ones.
    My mother called me Saturday morning to let me know that my brother had been rousted out of a nice warm bed by a bullet that had been shot through the wall of the bedroom he was in...someone out shooting in the woods behind their house! yes...life is way too unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife says a person should always trust his or her instincts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whit's wife is correct.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always trusted my instincts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Heather, geeze! what a way to get woke up, thank God he woke up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watch that show as well, and I cringe when I hear the stories about how these people made it out alive....but I guess it goes to show that you never know how you'd react in a situation until you're experiencing it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is nothing more frightening than the real world. And the people in it.

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!