The Gadget Goddess...

Who is tired of the jacked-up prices of gadgets at your local stores when you can find it cheaper online?


not to mention, one gadget usually leads to another, sometimes out of necessity.  Necessity is the mother of invention, so they say, and what a technologically advanced (aka dependent) culture we have become, huh?  I haven't bought into many of the gadgets, even some most take for granted, like a dishwasher.  I still employ the old-fashioned, get you a rag, run some soap & water technique, not that I wouldn't love to have a real mechanical dishwasher, or one in mannish clothing! Come to think of it, my ex was the dishwasher.

Oh, I don't have a cellphone either, not that I wouldn't like one per se, but why pay two bills, one to have a house phone and a cell. Personally I don't like being bothered with a ringing phone;  I don't want people to have access to me 24/7; I need unplugged time, and besides I pay for teens' cell which is costing me a damn fortune as it is.  She is running over her minutes EVERY frickin' month.  Oh, and now she is driving so I've had to add her onto my auto insurance.

okay, okay, stop bitchin' here, back on track....oh yeah ...yeah...speaking of gadgets...

...makes me think of that show on TV, MacGyver, remember that show?  He was always fancying some gadget just in the knick of time to save somebody from harm, stop a bomb from blowing up, saving a city from destruction..etc...I wished I had that ingenuity...

Flip DVI KVM Switch

but that's not why I was writing this post.  I was going to tell yuns about this new gadget I bought, which out of necessity led to another trip back to the store for another gadget to make that gadget work, and then the damn thing still don't work right.    

Why?  Well, to make a long story short (hahaha you wished I'd shut up dontcha?, eh?) I bought this gadget which allows me to switch between my work computer and home PC just by pressing this little button; so I can share my mouse, my keyboard, and my monitor; however, what they didn't tell me was that this gadget would NOT allow me to share the Ethernet love to both computers ...

So, Yours Truly, the gadget goddess will have to yet again buy another gadget...(aka a router). 

Yep, I couldn't for the life me figure out why, when I switched from one computer to the other, my internet was not working on the other.

Duh!!!!!! Big Red Truck!!!!! Go ahead laugh...but remember...next time you need a gadget don't buy it at the local ShopNRob, but rather take a few days and shop around, get it online, you'll save bucks and some gas running back and forths~!


And just who in the heck is the Gadget Goddess?

9 comments:

  1. I just bought a cell phone with all the bells and whistles, and I'm tired of it already. But in my case, not having a landline (or Internet, or a TV) and living out in the woods, it's my only connection. I can read blogs on it but it won't let me comment. I need to get to the library or a friend's on-line computer - as I am now. Ultimately, the gadgets need a goddess. We need something to make offerings to when they work right and something to blame when they foul up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella..baby...wise up...check Boost Mobile...for her...unlimited talk, text, internet, email for 50.00 a month.....pay ontime for 6 months & price drops 5.00 after 18 months it would drop to 35.00 per month for unlimited everything.....no more overages......and you can set it up for ETF on due dates so there would be no chance of being late..
    www.boostmobile.com.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..bye the way...gadgets you speak of...seems I remember a stream post about gadgets you hide under the bed or in the top of a closet in shoe boxes or something to that nature....LOL.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, you may check out "Straight Talk" phones at Wal Mart. For $45 per month my daughter has unlimited everything....

    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The router is actually going to be a good thing for you, a little extra security.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Skinny

    wow, I am trying out this new gadget for my blog now...to reply back to comments, did you get this email?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @John The Squabbler

    hey John, just checking out this new reply back button for Blogger to see if you receive this comment back email. Can you let me know?

    I'll post a link for you guys to do this if you want. Its always nice to get a reply back instead of having to go back in Blogger to check the actual comments on the post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @TAB

    hey Tab, did you receive this comment back email?

    ReplyDelete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!