
Long summer nights are all but a distant memory
as now winter looms near.
The radiant beams of a sun once hot
has nearly all but disappeared.
The flowers that bloomed are now in slumber
and birds have fled their nests.
The trees are bare with naked bark
their leaves have fallen off one by one to the ground.
Today I ventured out into my leaf landscaped front yard to clean it up. All around me the trees were bare, the sun was nice, a beautiful day. I realized upon closer inspection that my rake was broken, so I couldn't get the job done. My neighbor had a couple of other neighbors down who lived down the block picking up her leaves (which have become mine also) so they offered to do my yard as well. Hope you guys have had a nice weekend.
Mondays come way too quick for me.
By the way, if anybody has tried to stop by my music hangout, I had a setting messed up, my apologies. Here's the link, feel free to come on over to The Lounge
Yep it's quickly coming, but you wouldnt have known it by the last couple of days temps! Now if we could do something about this pitch darkness at 5pm!
ReplyDeleteS
Well, I suppose Winter is next. Unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't very nice of you to invite me to the Lounge when there's apparently a private party going on. Doorman said I had to have an invite. I said I had one, but he still refused to open the door. LOL
Hey Bella!How are you?I love the little poem and the pic too!I had a great weekend thanks.Hope your monday will be good too.Talk to you soon!:)
ReplyDeleteLove those bare branches against the sky.
ReplyDelete