Word Humor...

An anagram, as you all know, is a word or phrase made by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase.  The following are exceptionally clever. Someone out there either has far too much spare time or is deadly at Scrabble. (Wait till you see the last one!)
  • George Bush -- rearrange the letters -- He bugs Gore.
  • Dormitory -- rearrange the letters -- Dirty Room.
  • Evangelist -- rearrange the letters -- Evil's Agent.
  • Desperation -- rearrange the letters -- A Rope Ends It.
  • The Morse Code -- rearrange the letters -- Here Come Dots.
  • Slot Machines -- rearrange the letters -- Cash Lost In 'Em.
  • Animosity -- rearrange the letters -- Is No Amity.
  • Mother-in-law -- rearrange the letters -- Woman Hitler.
  • Snooze Alarms -- rearrange the letters -- Alas! No More Z's.
  • A Decimal Point -- rearrange the letters -- I'm A Dot In Place.
  • Eleven plus two -- rearrange the letters -- Twelve plus one.

"If I ever make it on Wheel of Fortune, I'm sneakin' in my own vowels under my jacket. No way I'm gonna pay $250, especially for a 'U'."
~~~~~
What's another word for "thesaurus?"
~~~~~
How is it that "Fat Chance" and "Slim Chance" mean the same thing?!?!
~~~~~
Is there another word for synonym? -- George Carlin
~~~~~
Whose cruel idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have a "S" in it?
-- George Carlin
~~~~~
Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "asteroids"?
-- George Carlin
~~~~~
Why are there five syllables in the word "monosyllabic"?
~~~~~
Did You Know?
  • "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
  • The longest one-syllable word is "screeched".
  • No word in the English language rhymes with "month".
  • F.Y.I.:  The correct spelling is MILLENNIUM.
  • The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable."
  • "OK" is the most used word in the world.
~~~~~
Do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?
~~~~~
And for the grand finale:
  • President Clinton of the USA -- can be arranged into -- To Copulate He Finds Interns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!