Merry Christmas Eve To Me

and my daughter whose 16 and upstairs rocking to her music and typing with her friends on MySpace, while I'm down here trying to put a few emotions on paper.  Today, I worked 4 hours, as I do medical transcription for a living, and no doubt it will be a busy week to come to get things out in a timely fashion.  Anyway, after working four hours I took my daughter to the pawn shop (almost a tradition here!) for her to pick her out a piece of jewelry for Christmas.  It was new, not a pawned piece, but that would have been okay too if we had found one she liked.  She opted for a opal ring with two diamonds on either side of it.  It was a little more than my budget going in, but she's worth it, and it's the only present I can give out, outside of love.

My eldest daughter came by with the kids; Isabella and Wyatt, age 6 and 2.  I am a little concerned about Isabella; she is not herself here lately and seems stressed and was acting out with crying and such.  Her mother (my eldest daughter) has been acting nuts lately.  She has come here bullying me for money on several occasions, and over the past few months I have thought they are back again on drugs, and I believe that is the issue.  I hate to say it, but tonight she came in around 8:30 ish, demanding to get in, cursing at the door, so once I let her in (against my better judgment), she demanded I give her a couple of dollars; I refused, so she grabbed my purse and took off with it out the door, I ran out after her; a struggle pursued, she hit me repeatedly and kicked me, it was awful.  I was scared. 

Before I knew it, out came my 16 year old daughter to help me as she heard the scuffle, and she ended up getting punched in the face by her own sister.  What a horrible mouth she had towards me and my youngest daughter.  My youngest daughter was totally upset and horrified that her own sister would hit her and her mother.  My eldest daughter was totally out of line and out of control, like some crazy psychotic person.  We didn't know her, but it's not like we haven't seen that side of her before.  She needs intensive psychiatric help, and I don't even feel safe letting her come inside the house any more.

Yep, Merry Christmas Eve to me, and to yours! Nothing like the holidays to bring the "crazy" out in families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!